Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Picking a team to stop Man City

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Southampton did it but can we?

With 26% possession, they relied on a large amount of luck and some amazing defending plus an exceptional opportunist goal.
They still set up with Adams & Ings up front to make sure they had a threat on the counter. I think we need a similar strategy along with a ‘no gifts’ policy.

—————————-Ryan—————————
Lamptey—Webster—Dunk—Burn—Bernardo
————Bissouma——Stephens—-Troß——
—————-Maupay———Connolly————-

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

With 26% possession, they relied on a large amount of luck and some amazing defending plus an exceptional opportunist goal.
They still set up with Adams & Ings up front to make sure they had a threat on the counter. I think we need a similar strategy along with a ‘no gifts’ policy.

—————————-Ryan—————————

Yeah, having 12 players could do it

EDIT: Ah, you spotted the fatal flaw

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Hiney is our only hope.....

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 306

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

—————————-Ryan—————————

The midfield looks a little lightweight. That’s the problem with 5 at the back. Probably only need one up front as well.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Try not to concede two early on as we seem to have done in the last two matches....City tend to be merciless and keep their foot on the throat

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
It could work, but I don't like it. I would rather us take the game to them like we did against Liverpool.

4-3-2-1 play on the counter Ryan, Lamptey, Duffy ( deals with threats from corners and blocks more than Webster ), Dunk, Burn Mooy, Propper and Bissouma in the middle, Gross and Trossard behind Maupay.

Would rather lose giving it our best than lose by not even trying to win.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We will make a couple of sloppy early errors, go two down. Job done, there will be less urgency from City, we will start playing a little bit better. Maybe we'll get one back, maybe not, they will go on and get a third. We'll have a couple of good efforts, but will lose. Then everyone will talk about how well we played, the character we showed to recover from the early blow, and the manager who just took a fairly-to-pretty easy 3 points off us will praise how we play (cause it means they will get the points, obvs.) and we'll all talk about how close we are, and how at least it wasn't the complete drubbing we expected 20 minutes in. And at least the other results went our way...

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I would pick the same team that started last night but with strict instructions to not piss about playing it out from the back in the first 10 minutes

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
At this point in the season why would we pick a team to "stop city?" Potter wont do that and in any case its unlikely to work. I suggest that for this game he will want to sharpen up the tactics he wants to play and yes try snd cut out silly mistakes. Its also possible he might rest one or two players so they have better impact in later games. I would be tempted to let Lamptey have time out to avoid over using a very promising young prospect.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This is the formation I predict (if you could call it that when we know its entirely unpredictable):

Ryan

Schelotto, Webster, Dunk, Burn

Bissouma, Pröpper, Mooy

Trossard

Connolly, Maupay

Think Lamptey is likely to be given a rest.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Let’s not pick a team to stop them. We didn’t do that last night and on another night we could’ve easily got a point or even won with that performance!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
This is the formation I predict (if you could call it that when we know its entirely unpredictable):

Ryan

Schelotto, Webster, Dunk, Burn

Bissouma, Pröpper, Mooy

Trossard

Connolly, Maupay

Think Lamptey is likely to be given a rest.

Yes I think he'll rest Lamptey too, save him for the more important games after City.

Same for Maupay, he looked knackered later on in the game.

My team would be:

Ryan

Montoya - Duffy - Dunk - Bernardo

Mooy- Propper - Stephens

Jahanbaksh - Connolly - March

Team to keep the score down and maybe nick a point. Then pick a refreshed Lamptey/Burn/Trossard/Maupay for the the Saints.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Lots of last ditch defending when Southampton played them. One for Duffy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here