Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We out XG-ed Liverpool

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Souness was genuinely pissed off with our start, calling our tactics 'naive'. He must have been thinking what we all were after 10 mins - 'WTF are they doing?'

Loads of good things to say about us though, superb goal, excellent build-up play etc, but he can't get over the way we started. He's got a point, and if we hadn't shipped two gift goals to them in the first 8 mins, we might've had one too. :shrug:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Annotation 2020-07-09 100801.png

Annotation 2020-07-09 100828.png

Annotation 2020-07-09 101503.png

Last edited:

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
Isn't it about time that the Burn experiment at LB was quietly put to bed. He is a CB not a LB. He is regularly left for dead, down the flanks, like a giraffe on a frozen lake. Bringing in Bernardo to join Lamptey would create pace and dynamism down both flanks. Convinced he could do a better job at CB than Webster ( so could Duffy ) but GP clearly thinks we have the new Franz Beckenbauer in our squad, as demonstrated by the consummate way he carried the ball out of defence, in the 8th minute last night.

Agreed, I just can't understand how GP thinks DB is the answer at LB. Still not convinced about Webster either.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Isn't it about time that the Burn experiment at LB was quietly put to bed. He is a CB not a LB. He is regularly left for dead, down the flanks, like a giraffe on a frozen lake. Bringing in Bernardo to join Lamptey would create pace and dynamism down both flanks. Convinced he could do a better job at CB than Webster ( so could Duffy ) but GP clearly thinks we have the new Franz Beckenbauer in our squad, as demonstrated by the consummate way he carried the ball out of defence, in the 8th minute last night.

I don’t know about Burn. Taller players, it seems to me, have forever been more criticised than others for their ball skills, essentially because they look less graceful - clumsy, even. So, you may be right, idk, but I’d want to see some data to back it up.

Over-valuing players who look good, and under-valuing the less graceful, is how Moneyball came about in baseball ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
Souness was genuinely pissed off with our start, calling our tactics 'naive'. He must have been thinking what we all were after 10 mins - 'WTF are they doing?'

Loads of good things to say about us though, superb goal, excellent build-up play etc, but he can't get over the way we started. He's got a point, and if we hadn't shipped two gift goals to them in the first 8 mins, we might've had one too. :shrug:

Totally agree, Liverpool had the game won after our pissing about in that first 10 minutes, they really had nothing to play for and in my opinion could of upped their game if needed at any time.

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
In fairness Liverpool barely broke sweat such is ther gulf in class, but we battled bravely and on another day could certainly have equalised.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Do we get any extra points for out XGing our opponents ? [emoji51]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here