Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which players aren’t good enough for the Graham Potter revolution?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Proper. Has been caught out a few times now, switches off, always has a mistake in him when playing from the back

Dale. Great pro. Great guy. But is too often chasing shadows. We can and should do better than Dale Stevens.

Matty Ryan, this choice hurts. He’s a great Aussie character, but it’s always nerve wracking watching him short passes. I also feel you want your goalie to make some worldies. Conceded too many soft goals.

Which players do you think Potter will ship out?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Proper. Has been caught out a few times now, switches off, always has a mistake in him when playing from the back

Dale. Great pro. Great guy. But is too often chasing shadows. We can and should do better than Dale Stevens.

Matty Ryan, this choice hurts. He’s a great Aussie character, but it’s always nerve wracking watching him short passes. I also feel you want your goalie to make some worldies. Conceded too many soft goals.

Which players do you think Potter will ship out?

We can't make these judgements after a game against Liverpool

I'm not shipping out any of those players. (Dale might be in his last season that we see a lot of him) Though they all need competition for their place.

We were beaten in the end tonight, but it's not all bad. We haven't been stuffed like Newcastle were. At the end of the first half I genuinely saw us taking something from the game

Blackbushe Pilot

Mar 28, 2004
Egham Surrey
Stephens I agree with.

His better day’s are behind him at this level. A great championship player granted, like Knockhart out on the wing, and Chris Hughton as manager.

Super in the Championship - but Not premier league.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We can't make these judgements after a game against Liverpool

I'm not shipping out any of those players. (Dale might be in his last season that we see a lot of him) Though they all need competition for their place.

We were beaten in the end tonight, but it's not all bad. We haven't been stuffed like Newcastle were. At the end of the first half I genuinely saw us taking something from the game

This is based on the season, not tonight.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Anyone can play for Potter but i'd suggest those who lack pace, basic ball control, passing skills, workrate and adaptability are at risk. Make of that what you will.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think Propper has a future here. I don't think Stephens does.

I love Duffy but I think he'll be forced out by the returning White.

I don't think Jahanbakhsh or Murray will still be here next season if we can find replacements for them.

Personally I'm also not convinced about Gross but I don't see him moving on for now.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Propper
Stephens
Duffy
Montoya
March (as a winger )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think you have been watching the wrong keeper all season or do not know what a completed pass is. Please, go and look at his stats and stop making knee-jerk reactions.

I have watched every minute of Matt Ryan’s Brighton career.

Love the guy, but he is not a top tier goal keeper in my opinion. Does not make enough worldie saves.

And yes makes a lot of tippy tappy passes which is good for stats, but also makes errors in doing so (first goal tonight is one example).

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Propper
Stephens
Duffy
Montoya
March (as a winger )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Propper is exactly the sort of player that suits this style. Agree with the others, although Montoya is a very good reserve for Lamptey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
I think Stephens has run his course.

For a few games after the restart he's received the ball and lost it or misplaced a pass. I did feel he grew into the game tonight, and as frustrating during the fame I feel towards him, I recognise what a brilliant professional and servant to the club he's been.

Bissouma and and a returning Molumby will probably fill his position I would think. Schelotto, Kayal and Murray I think will probably make way too...

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Propper is exactly the sort of player that suits this style. Agree with the others, although Montoya is a very good reserve for Lamptey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Propper is Rolls Royce when we're doing well and he is looking forward. He isn't a DM against the better teams in the league.
He's a keeper but we need better CM's for him to be effective.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here