Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Black Horse; Church Street

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
FYI for all persons seeking a BHA friendly venue in the city centre henceforth..

Attempted to go in the Black Horse earlier this evening for a drink; unfortunately the landlord had declared this venue a Liverpool fans only venue, with the Brighton Kop having relocated here!

Plenty of other welcoming venues nearby thankfully - but worth considering for any future potential patronage

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
FYI for all persons seeking a BHA friendly venue in the city centre henceforth..

Attempted to go in the Black Horse earlier this evening for a drink; unfortunately the landlord had declared this venue a Liverpool fans only venue, with the Brighton Kop having relocated here!

Plenty of other welcoming venues nearby thankfully - but worth considering for any future potential patronage

WTAF!

They won't get any of my pennies.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Any excuse to post this

:albion2:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Fair enough, last time I’ll go in there then.

Thanks for the heads up.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham

TBF they [plastics] are there every game . You i'm sure actually follow your team in the flesh :thumbsup::

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Next season we should really try and make them feel unwelcome. Turn up with loads of Brighton and edge them out.

How about taking over a random pub in Liverpool city centre and calling it the Scouse North Stand and acting all embarrassing and precious and getting loads of media types in to chronicle the whole sorry affair?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Pubs aren't supposed to be showing football are they? Were they?

My local pub have been cheeky ****ers from day one. It's never really shut.

They kept the kitchen open from nearly day one and were doing takeaway meals, then quickly started doing takeaway drinks.

No problem at all.

People then started drinking outside, sitting on a low long wall. Again no problem.

However it's been a slow creep where the pub has realised it doesn't have to bother with much inside because people can just drink on the pavement. I thought this would change with the pub re-opening last weekend, but they couldn't be bothered - why would they ? Just continue the status quo.

I've had to cross the road a couple of times to get home, since the pavement was blocked with pissed up drinkers.

I've emailed them (nicely) advising them they need to find a solution to blocking the pavemet but they can't be bothered to reply. I popped in there and they said my email was with their "media team".

They are essentially the Dominic Cummings of the pub world and couldn't give a ****.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

They kept the kitchen open from nearly day one and were doing takeaway meals, then quickly started doing takeaway drinks.

No problem at all.

People then started drinking outside, sitting on a low long wall. Again no problem.

However it's been a slow creep where the pub has realised it doesn't have to bother with much inside because people can just drink on the pavement. I thought this would change with the pub re-opening last weekend, but they couldn't be bothered - why would they ? Just continue the status quo.

I've had to cross the road a couple of times to get home, since the pavement was blocked with pissed up drinkers.

I've emailed them (nicely) advising them they need to find a solution to blocking the pavemet but they can't be bothered to reply. I popped in there and they said my email was with their "media team".

They are essentially the Dominic Cummings of the pub world and couldn't give a ****.

Seems a bit short sighted to piss off your neighbours. Keep an eye out for any planning applications and or licence renewals and see if you can get their attention that way.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The Brighton Flop site suggests that The Font is their current cess pit HQ, maybe the BH are helping out on a temp basis, always liked the BH , use to be my local when I lived in Grand Parade.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
It's a piss take when you are not allowed in a Brighton pub to watch an Albion match. Not been in the Black Horse for ages and really can't see myself going there anytime soon given their stance.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

No problem at all.

Sounds a bit like a couple of pubs I've seen in Brighton. Stacks of people boozing outside them as well as inside, well before they were 'opened' on the 4th.

As for the OP, I don't really get why you'd make a pub 'Liverpool only' when there are no fans/trade actually going to the game and you are based in the city the team are playing in. I guess they thought they could scoop up all of the K&Q lot, but wouldn't you get more 'home' supporter trade if you're bothering at all? Personally I can't stand watching football in a crowded pub, but each to their own :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here