Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert completes Fulham move

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Sad day, happy for him if he is happy with the move, and it's a good piece of business by the club.

I would have just loved to see him play for us in the PL, under Potter, with a more attacking philosophy, so sometimes he picked the ball up 10 yards outside the opposition box instead of 10 yards outside ours playing as an auxiliary RB. We have a great squad now, but no-one currently with that wow factor that Knocky had with the ball at his feet.

Good luck Anthony, you'll always be a legend to me

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Tremendous player for us, he was exceptional in our promotion year. It's a rare treat to have the best player in the league at your club and he was quite sensational. His contribution in the Premier league, though less impactful, was still vital in keeping us up. He also put in some great performances. I wish him all the best.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yep nothing but well wishes for probably the most heart-on-sleeviest player I've ever seen anywhere.

Farewell AK

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Fantastic player and personality. It was electric on the north stand concourse when his name was announced in the starting 11 for the play off second leg against Shef Wed. He got bums off seats and that is the mark of an entertaining footballer.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Thankyou Anthony.

I love your energy and passion and of course your skill.

And you brought down the scum....

See you in the Prem

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
Tremendous player for us, he was exceptional in our promotion year. It's a rare treat to have the best player in the league at your club and he was quite sensational. His contribution in the Premier league, though less impactful, was still vital in keeping us up. He also put in some great performances. I wish him all the best.
His "Art" was as good as Bob Ross hey[emoji106][emoji846]

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Guaita-beaten-2nd-goal.jpg

Where the spiders live!

Respect Knocky.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
You loved us l, we loved you. Good luck Knocky, find that form you had with us and the Fulham fans will love you too. You will get a tremendous reception at The Amex if we play Fulham in the cup.
Thanks for all the glorious memories.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Without doubt the greatest personality I have ever seen in my 64 years watching Brighton. I loved the passion, style and skills.

I've never known such an emotional bond between player, club, team mates and fans as on the sad occasion of dad's death.

Just have to wish Knocky a successful long future in gratitude for all the delightful moments he gave me.

Loadicus Trux

Jan 12, 2012
Good luck Knocky, all the best for the future.

I've a sneaky feeling, wherever he goes, and whatever he achieves, you won't have to dig too far down to find blue and white stripes.

What with Siddy giving up playing, and now Anthony leaving, we've lost two of our best songs.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Hopefully he'll turn up in the posh seats for Chelsea away and we can serenade him again - one of my highlights this season

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My son's favourite player for pretty much all the time he was here. Could turn a game with a bit of magic, loved the wind up and loved the club. For me he is a Brighton legend, one of the stars of the promotion season and someone who, on their day was genuinely "worth the entrance money on his own".

Very best of luck Anthony, and thank you :clap2:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I know this is how the game is. I know it was always going to happen. And I know there wasn't a place in the team for him any more. But it's rare that I feel so gutted when a player leaves. Knocky absolutely epitomised the spirit of the club during his time here, and looking at it from the outside it was a very good view indeed, best exemplified by the response of the team to his bereavement. To have the best player in the division, in a season when we were winning most of the time, who also ran his arse off and seemed to care as much as the support (hence the occasional strop, entirely preferable to an indifferent shrug in my opinion), who could also skin people and score wonder goals. Well, f**k. I'm gutted he's gone. Cheers, Knocky. The feelings you expressed in your farewell post are entirely mutual, and you can be assured of a rapturous welcome whenever you make an appearance at the Amex, in any capacity.

Oh and that goal at Selhurst. We'll still be replaying that one for a very, very long time to come.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
All about opinions. Mine is that he lacked the pace to beat most PL fullbacks, it killed much of his game and him mentally.

I agree.

Great player on his day but just not good enough against Premier League fullbacks. His passion was great but it could also be his worst enemy. And that foul in the Bournemouth game last season was one of the worst I’ve seen live.

Still, that winner in the Massive game was worth his transfer fee alone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I agree.

Great player on his day but just not good enough against Premier League fullbacks.
I don't know, he tore apart Luke Shaw last season. And he's apparently so good Potter had to select a team to stop him last week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here