Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert completes Fulham move

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He was unstoppable in the Championship.
Integral to our promotion.

He is worthy of all the superlatives that will get posted on this thread.

Having said that, it remains a great piece of business by the club.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCYbHgMFe2J/?igshid=sre30qfqw2k0

BB4B39AA-175D-4291-85BB-F3B479BBB27C.jpeg

Thanks for everything Knocky, you’ll always be welcome at The Amex. In the words of your good friend Bruno “Once a Seagull, Always a Seagull”.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Good player and good bit of business for us. Thanks for everything Knocky, was incredible for us and a key part in our promotion. Wish him all the best

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Farewell Knocky. It was a pleasure to see you play, especially in the Championship.

I will have two lasting memories of you in the Premier League. THAT goal at Selhurst and THAT sending off at Goodison.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
What a player. Bit like Lua Lua, every time he was on the ball it got the whole stadium on its feet. Every time he was one on one vs a championship defender he tied them up in knots.

Thanks for the memories, Knocky. Much love.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Good Luck to him.

Played a huge part in our promotion winning season - and who can forget 'that' goal.

I really hope Fulham go up this season, I'd love to see at the Amex again and give him the sort of reception he deserves.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
All the best AK, a significant contribution to the positive side of the clubs modern history. And a worldie ( whatever that is) to win the match against Palarse at Selhurst. :cool:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Could he not have stayed, I think he will be back with Fulham and we may regret selling him.

I never minded Fulham until our protest march that cold winters evening on the Thames and something kicked off with their fans, I can't recall to well.
seem to remember some fans chasing around their fans.

Pah, it's all water now, good luck Knocky, your the closest I ever came to a man crush at Selhurst

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What a player he was for us. Can't believe we signed him for only £2 million. Must be one of the best value signings in our history. He was incredible for a year and a half in the Championship and thoroughly deserved to be Championship player of the year in our promotion season.

Didn't have such a big impact in the Premier League but still had very good moments. In the home game against Manchester United in our first season up, he was incredible. And then that goal against Palace (even if he might have been sent off early on).

I hope he does well at Fulham and helps them get promoted. Would be great to see him playing for them at the Amex to give him the reception he deserves

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good Luck to him.

Played a huge part in our promotion winning season - and who can forget 'that' goal.

I really hope Fulham go up this season, I'd love to see at the Amex again and give him the sort of reception he deserves.

I'm guessing our board are hoping they are promoted as well to receive some of those add-ons.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Even in times when we looked utter crap, Knocky always played like it meant a lot to him. His link up play with Bruno was so great to watch when in full flow - Championship couldn't handle it.

Thanks for the memories Knocky.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Although we obviously have a great side at the moment, I do wish we had someone with Knocky's pure passion and flair. Is there anyone in the current squad that has the potential to get you out your seat (or, at the moment, off your sofa) quite like he did? It's probably right that he's moved on, but I wish Potter had given him a chance. And no-one will convince me that Solly March is a better player.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's hard not to feel a twinge of sadness that he's no longer at the club, despite the fact we all know it is probably the right move for the player and the club. So many highlights that really do dwarf the low points.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I wish him nothing but the best.

He was an absolutely integral reason why we got promoted in 2016/17, and on his day he was unplayable for us. That season is one of my favourites as an Albion fan, and he was a big part of why that's the case.

He might not have done it quite so consistently in the Prem, but that goal against Palace alone would be enough for him to be remembered fondly.

I hope that at some point the Amex crowd will have the opportunity to give him the ovation he deserves for what he did for us.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
What a player he has been for the club. You always thought something would happen whenever he got the ball and boy did it at Selhurst. I was right in line with him and the goal so I had the perfect view and knew it was in when it left his foot. Magic.

Let's hope our new Argentinian can give us as much a thrill as Knocky did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here