Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v West Indies

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
When should a captain make that 1 in 10 choice of sending the opposition in to bat first?

I was in Brisbane when Hussein made that choice and will never forget it. With a bunch of Aussies when they announced England have won the toss. Turned to them fist clinching yelling "Yes" only for the announcer to say "and England have invited Australia to bat". Obviously they returned the gesture. Being scarred for life by that if you win the toss you bat. IMHO. They won in 3 days if I recall.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yep, the ball sat up and begged to be hit for four. Nasser correct that his right leg all over the place, dollying it up for the catch.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Another absolute gift of a wicket.

No ball :lolol: 2 balls later he’s tickled it down the leg side... very poor, not convinced by Sibley he needs to play his natural game.

Still a run behind, 2 down.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Didn’t work....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He lasted 52 overs, I’ll argue it did work!

When you start the 2nd innings 100 runs behind, priority 1 is getting into a position to not lose the game. Plenty of time to accelerate later when time has gone from the game to make a lose less likely.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Stokes decision to bat after winning the toss not looking a bad one now. England with work to do but Windies facing an uncomfortable couple of sessions tomorrow.

All of that depends on England seeing off the new ball now.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sky Cricket asking people to Tweet in with best performances. Atherton reads out that Hugh Jardon has taken 6 for 9 for Ben Stokes old club Cockermouth. It takes a while to sink in...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
" Hugh Jardon, 6 for9 against Cockermouth, that's Ben Stokes old club, isn't it?"

Done up like a kipper. The rest of the commentary box wetting themselves. Great telly.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Crawley hit right in the box, ouch.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
" Hugh Jardon, 6 for9 against Cockermouth, that's Ben Stokes old club, isn't it?"

Done up like a kipper. The rest of the commentary box wetting themselves. Great telly.

:lolol:

[tweet]1281986280117673986[/tweet]

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It is a joy to watch Ben Stokes bat.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Holder gets Stokes. Just when England were looking comfortable. Lead only 135, 15 overs or so left today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here