Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The lamb lies down on broadway.

rudolf hucker

Jul 26, 2009
Hove
Lady Hucker is away tonight. So decided to put on "The Lamb." Lights off. Sound turned up. Quite a while since I've listened to the whole album.

What an absolute classic album. So many great tracks. (A few strange tracks that need "help") Red wine doesn't have quite the same effect as whatever I was taking in during the 70s but......

What other albums do people turn to in order to lose themselves?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Lady Hucker is away tonight. So decided to put on "The Lamb." Lights off. Sound turned up. Quite a while since I've listened to the whole album.

What an absolute classic album. So many great tracks. (A few strange tracks that need "help") Red wine doesn't have quite the same effect as whatever I was taking in during the 70s but......

Funnily enough I did the same the other week (minus the red). Thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't have listened to it in 30 years. Did The Madcap Laughs this week

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Yes, good choice. For me, Quadrophenia - or, TBH, pretty much any Who album. Most recently though, Spirit with Twelve Dreams of Doctor Sardonicus.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Classic. Forgotten how amazing this guy was.

JasonDonovan_Between_the_Lines_album.jpg

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Not an album but Page One by Lemon Jelly is an audio reset button for my brain.

For a full album it has to be Dark Side of the Moon

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Jackson Browne. 'Late for the sky' and 'The pretender'.

If you chance watch a two part series called Laurel Canyon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyVh9rIJCi8

Its about the valley in california in the late 60's. The buffalo Spingfield, The Byrds, the Monkees, Joni Mithcell, Frank Zappa etc etc etc. Then the second wave stared by Jackson brown and finishing with The eagles.

Really interesting show .

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Disintegration - The Cure

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Another Genesis album for me - Selling England By The Pound. Timeless and brilliant imo

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can't answer this question now as I prefer to listen to as much variety as possible.

25 years ago I had 2 CDs I played over and over, and 20 years ago I added another. These were:

Late for the sky - Jackson Brown
Live Dates - Wishbone Ash
VNV Live - VNV Nation

But the album I have played more times than any other over the last 45 years is probably this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEm0EaBRBjU&list=PLlRV9BCE7FAdgZj8l0_fouRBWiW7OZU5t

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
As mentioned, there are too many to mention.

One I have turned to many, many times on long trek back from away games is this beauty. Close the weary eyes, take a paracetamol and cast yourself to another land.

7e3112dc.jpg

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Meddle by Pink Floyd or Argus by Wishbone Ash and first sides of Tubular Bells or Tommy by the Who.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I enjoyed a Doors triple bill the otherr day

LA Woman
Strange Days
Waiting for the Sun

One of my next purchases will be the first album and Morrison Hotel.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Any Zeppelin but particularly physical graffiti.
Any maiden but seventh son takes preference
Muse
Sabbath
Early Bowie but have recently discovered Outside and earthling from his later stuff
Evanescence if I’m feeling melancholy
Jethro Tull is I’m feeling nostalgic
Linkin Park..

The list is pretty much endless

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here