Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Yay! First class cricket is coming back

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Starting 1 August - five four-day games in a regional league. That will mean for us Essex, Surrey, Hants, Middlesex and Kent, I expect.

It will culminate in a five-day final in Sep.

There'll be a T20 tourney throughout Sep too - 10 regional games

They're working on ways to accommodate spectators

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I imagine they won't have too much problem spacing out spectators for the four-day games.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Maybe, now the Sky money is secured from England, the ECB can get on with protecting grassroots cricket which is dying on it's arse with the lockdown.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Maybe, now the Sky money is secured from England, the ECB can get on with protecting grassroots cricket which is dying on it's arse with the lockdown.

Too true. Our club will probably survive the lockdown, although it's been tough, but a few may well go to the wall. Grassroots sport needs a lot of help - there are football and rugby clubs struggling too

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Too true. Our club will probably survive the lockdown, although it's been tough, but a few may well go to the wall. Grassroots sport needs a lot of help - there are football and rugby clubs struggling too

It would have helped if they hadn't spent all that money on "The 100" which nobody sensible EVER thought was a good idea.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It would have helped if they hadn't spent all that money on "The 100" which nobody sensible EVER thought was a good idea.

All too true. I'd like to think that's died a death but I fear it will raise its ugly head again

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
All too true. I'd like to think that's died a death but I fear it will raise its ugly head again

I guess it partly depends on who is taking over from Graves in November. I'm (and everyone I know is) hoping it gets binned!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In related news, I saw Hampshire CC wandering around Arundel the other day - training at Arundel atm because England are at the Ageas Bowl.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
In related news, I saw Hampshire CC wandering around Arundel the other day - training at Arundel atm because England are at the Ageas Bowl.

The Sussex/Hampshire border is open? I assumed it would have been locked down. Don't want those sorts entering the county.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here