Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Favourite Albion Hat Tricks

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018
Another vote for this.

Or my username ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_2/1766285.stm

Bobby Zamora rediscovered his goalscoring touch with a hat-trick as Brighton gained their first win in six matches against struggling Cambridge.

Zamora, without a goal in his last four matches, headed the winner two minutes from time after Cambridge had drawn level on three occasions.

The lanky striker looked to have sealed victory earlier for the Seagulls when he put his side 3-2 ahead 15 minutes from time.

But, despite having Andy Duncan sent off for pushing, the visitors equalised for a third time through a Paul Wanless penalty five minutes later.

Gary Hart broke the deadlock with the opening goal, his first at home this season, on 24 minutes.

A fine ball over the top from Wanless set up Shane Tudor for the first Cambridge equaliser after 27 minutes.

Promotion-chasing Brighton regained the lead through Zamora from the penalty spot after Steve Angus was adjudged to have fouled the striker.

But Cambridge, who have taken only one away point all season, fought back to make it 2-2 when Luke Guttridge fired home after keeper Simon Royce could only parry a Wanless shot.

Albion Team

Starting lineup:
Goalkeeper Simon Royce
Defender/Right back Paul Watson
Defender/Centre back Danny Cullip
Defender/Centre back Simon Morgan
Defender/Midfielder Kerry Mayo
Midfielder Richard Carpenter
Midfielder Nathan Jones
Midfielder Paul Rogers
Midfielder/Forward Paul Brooker
Midfielder/Forward Gary Hart
Forward Bobby Zamora

Substitutions:
Danny Webb for Nathan Jones 45
Robbie Pethick for Kerry Mayo 65
Lee Steele for Paul Brooker 66

Oh yes, I forgot that one. What a game that was, a classic Withdean game!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As was I.

So were several thousand people! For various reasons, I don't get to watch the Albion that often. The Teddy Maybank hat-trick I saw - only Albion hat-trick I've ever seen live. Luckily, over the years I've clocked a few iconic Albion goals - Willie Irvine vs. Villa, Rohan Ince at Swindon, Tommy Fraser at Hereford and Steve Sidwell at Ashton Gate - I tend to remember - and treasure - those.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Jimmy Case v Charlton Athletic 1983 (I think ?)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So were several thousand people! For various reasons, I don't get to watch the Albion that often. The Teddy Maybank hat-trick I saw - only Albion hat-trick I've ever seen live. Luckily, over the years I've clocked a few iconic Albion goals - Willie Irvine vs. Villa, Rohan Ince at Swindon, Tommy Fraser at Hereford and Steve Sidwell at Ashton Gate - I tend to remember - and treasure - those.

I was also living away from Sussex, but that was on Boxing Day so I was down at my Dad’s for Christmas.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cheating, instead Peter Ward’s England U21 hatrick against Norway at the Goldstone in 1977, I still have the programme.

The England side:

John Middleton [Derby County]
Paul Hinshelwood [Crystal Palace]
David Peach [Southampton]
Steve Williams [Southampton]
Steve Simms [Leicester City]
Paul Futcher [Manchester City]
THE LATE, GREAT Laurie Cunningham [West Bromwich Albion]
Peter Ward [Brighton & Hove Albion]
John Deehan [Aston Villa]
Gary Owen [Manchester City]
Peter Barnes [Manchester City]

Extraordinary how none of them amounted to much. We simply didn't have any coaching knowhow back then. Where were the future stars?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Kurt Nogan vs Cambridge in 1994.

Liam Brady took us from being hopeless to bloody amazing in less than a month after his appointment.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I saw the Maskell, Emblen and Freeman hat tricks in person.

One I missed was Zamora at Chester. Mostly because I refuse to travel to Wales.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Jake Robinson v Huddersfield

I second this vote for Jake. It was a superb hat trick. He paired up front with Chris McPhee that day and they were excellent. On the long drive home that night I phoned into 606, Lawro was the guest pundit that night. I spoke to him steaming down the M6 past Nottingham about 110mph. That same day Rooney scored a hat trick and the airwaves were full of that. I phoned 606 to put that right. It really was Jake at his explosive best.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cheating, instead Peter Ward’s England U21 hatrick against Norway at the Goldstone in 1977, I still have the programme.

The England side:

John Middleton [Derby County]
Paul Hinshelwood [Crystal Palace]
David Peach [Southampton]
Steve Williams [Southampton]
Steve Simms [Leicester City]
Paul Futcher [Manchester City]
THE LATE, GREAT Laurie Cunningham [West Bromwich Albion]
Peter Ward [Brighton & Hove Albion]
John Deehan [Aston Villa]
Gary Owen [Manchester City]
Peter Barnes [Manchester City]

This was my first ever live match. I found the whole event utterly amazing and begged my father to take me to an Albion game a few weeks later. That was that.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Paul Emblem - Brighton 4-4 Colchester. Boxing Day 1997.

That was my one and only trip to The Priestfield.

Paul Emblen's brother Neil who played for Wolves predominantly, ignoring a poor career decision inbetween was a Albion fan as a kid.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Saw Eblem, Murray, Friedman, Wade and Zamoras. Probably a few others too. My vote would be Friedman’s. That first game back in Brighton, the prematch celebrations and party afterwards down on the beach and scores of Brighton ‘fans’ coming up to ask us the score and not believing it. We carried a copy of the Sports Argus as proof! A perfect day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here