Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Favourite Albion Hat Tricks

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018
As today is Alex Revell’s birthday, scorer of a memorable hat trick on New Year’s Day 2008 in a dramatic 3-2 win over Bournemouth, I want to know what your favourite Albion hat trick is?

If I had to choose a favourite it would be Darren Freeman’s against Mansfield in the first game at Withdean back in 1999.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Paul Emblem - Brighton 4-4 Colchester. Boxing Day 1997.

That was my one and only trip to The Priestfield.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Recently, Murray's against Norwich. I was quite nervous before the game, I went over to the Amex with a Norwich STH, and he was very confident that they would put us in our place, and put a stop to our automatic promotion talk.
Glenn comical first goal settled me down a bit, and after that it was one of the most enjoyable afternoon's ever at the Amex. His third had a touch of the Keystone Kops defending about it too, which just made it much better.
I met my mate afterwards in the south stand for a beet, I asked him what he'd thought of the game but he said he'd gone into the bar and stayed there after out third goal. Funnily enough he didn't want to watch the highlights.

Brian Wades against Newcastle as well.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Bryan Wade's for sure - it was so unexpected.

I wonder if anyone's going to say Adrian Thorne - I bet BG would have

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Kit Napier away at Mansfield 1971.
I hitch hiked there and back, got threatened with violence by some Mansfield skins, and had little sleep for 2 days, but Kit’s fine finishing made it worthwhile.

Jimmy Grimble

Enjoyed Ulloa’s against Huddersfield.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Recently, Murray's against Norwich. I was quite nervous before the game, I went over to the Amex with a Norwich STH, and he was very confident that they would put us in our place, and put a stop to our automatic promotion talk.
Glenn comical first goal settled me down a bit, and after that it was one of the most enjoyable afternoon's ever at the Amex. His third had a touch of the Keystone Kops defending about it too, which just made it much better.
I met my mate afterwards in the south stand for a beet, I asked him what he'd thought of the game but he said he'd gone into the bar and stayed there after out third goal. Funnily enough he didn't want to watch the highlights.

Brian Wades against Newcastle as well.

I jokingly predicted 4-0 before the game but was convinced we'd lose to Norwich. Twas a great day.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Cheating, instead Peter Ward’s England U21 hatrick against Norway at the Goldstone in 1977, I still have the programme.

The England side:

John Middleton [Derby County]
Paul Hinshelwood [Crystal Palace]
David Peach [Southampton]
Steve Williams [Southampton]
Steve Simms [Leicester City]
Paul Futcher [Manchester City]
THE LATE, GREAT Laurie Cunningham [West Bromwich Albion]
Peter Ward [Brighton & Hove Albion]
John Deehan [Aston Villa]
Gary Owen [Manchester City]
Peter Barnes [Manchester City]

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Darren Freeman. First game home. Stuff of dreams.

Another vote for this.

Or my username ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_2/1766285.stm

Bobby Zamora rediscovered his goalscoring touch with a hat-trick as Brighton gained their first win in six matches against struggling Cambridge.

Zamora, without a goal in his last four matches, headed the winner two minutes from time after Cambridge had drawn level on three occasions.

The lanky striker looked to have sealed victory earlier for the Seagulls when he put his side 3-2 ahead 15 minutes from time.

But, despite having Andy Duncan sent off for pushing, the visitors equalised for a third time through a Paul Wanless penalty five minutes later.

Gary Hart broke the deadlock with the opening goal, his first at home this season, on 24 minutes.

A fine ball over the top from Wanless set up Shane Tudor for the first Cambridge equaliser after 27 minutes.

Promotion-chasing Brighton regained the lead through Zamora from the penalty spot after Steve Angus was adjudged to have fouled the striker.

But Cambridge, who have taken only one away point all season, fought back to make it 2-2 when Luke Guttridge fired home after keeper Simon Royce could only parry a Wanless shot.

Albion Team

Starting lineup:
Goalkeeper Simon Royce
Defender/Right back Paul Watson
Defender/Centre back Danny Cullip
Defender/Centre back Simon Morgan
Defender/Midfielder Kerry Mayo
Midfielder Richard Carpenter
Midfielder Nathan Jones
Midfielder Paul Rogers
Midfielder/Forward Paul Brooker
Midfielder/Forward Gary Hart
Forward Bobby Zamora

Substitutions:
Danny Webb for Nathan Jones 45
Robbie Pethick for Kerry Mayo 65
Lee Steele for Paul Brooker 66

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I missed the first 25 mins due to traffic, but still managed to see all 7 goals. Remember it being a freezing cold day with snow on the ground. 4 goals from Murray warmed the cockles.

Monday, 28 December 2009

Npower League One

Home Team Score Away Team Time
Wycombe 2-5 Brighton FT
(HT 2-1)
Pittman 27
Mousinho 40

Murray 36
Forster 49
Murray 56
Murray 70
Murray 80

Wycombe
01 Shearer
02 Hunt (Phillips 44)
03 Woodman
06 Oliver
20 Mousinho
23 Westwood
08 Doherty
22 Davies
24 Beavonyellow card (Bloomfield 60)
29 Betsy
16 Pittman
Substitutes
12 Young, 05 Duberry, 10 Bloomfield, 15 Green, 18 Phillips, 30 Harris, 09 Harrold

Brighton
29 Brezovan
03 McNulty
04 Elphick
06 El-Abd
27 Hoyte
07 Cox (Smith 90)
08 Navarro (Virgo 74)
18 Dicker
26 Bennett
09 Forster (Hart 81)
17 Murrayyellow card