Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who will Liverpool target?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I have one of my little feelings that we’re going to sneak a point tomorrow :smile::smile:

I can’t see Liverpool being that up for this, plus haven’t they got to travel down tomorrow, no overnight stays allowed?

Get after them, basically do not do what we did v ManU.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I expect them to do like the other four teams post-lockdown and try to attack down their left side. I think they, just like the other teams, are aware of how difficult it is to create much on the Dunk/Burn wing.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I hope Connolly starts tomorrow. Liverpool love a high backline and there will be space if he gets the service.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I hope Connolly starts tomorrow. Liverpool love a high backline and there will be space if he gets the service.

It would be great if Maupay was able to break The Iceman that is VVD.

If anyone can...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
100% they will chase down Ryan everytime he gets the ball and they think he is the target in a back pass when playing out from the back.
He frightens the life out of me everytime he is passing the ball around at the back, he clearances leave a lot to be desired when rushed....

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Depends who starts would like us to match them 4-3-3 Ryan, Lamptey, Webster, Dunk, Burn, Propper, Mooy, Bissouma, March, Maupay, Alexis. ( with good options off the bench)

I think they will target Burn so Solly could cover him in this lineup better than Trossard. I think Mooy, Propper and Bissouma would be our best midfield trio to negate them playing directly through us. Liverpool don't look bothered since winning the league, I think we could get something if Potter gets his lineup right. The absolute wrong thing to do is what we did in the United game.

Lets put a strong team out and go for it, just don't want us to roll over again.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don't most big clubs with good analysts have a "pressing victim" lined up for their matches?

Spuds kicked the absolute crap out of Richarlison last night. Took it in turns.

I guess Liverpool will target Mooy and Bissouma.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
100% they will chase down Ryan everytime he gets the ball and they think he is the target in a back pass when playing out from the back.
He frightens the life out of me everytime he is passing the ball around at the back, he clearances leave a lot to be desired when rushed....

He's not as bad as it feels, as it turns out.

[TWEET]1280090121564499968[/TWEET]

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He's not as bad as it feels, as it turns out.

[TWEET]1280090121564499968[/TWEET]

Statistics are all well and good they do nothing for my nerves....

When he is tapping it around at the back, with players closing him down....

I have to look away, while screaming at nobody in particular in an empty room "Kick the feckin thing, no, no, no, no KICK IT YOU @**@ :lolol:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Statistics are all well and good they do nothing for my nerves....

When he is tapping it around at the back, with players closing him down....

I have to look away, while screaming at nobody in particular in an empty room "Kick the feckin thing, no, no, no, no KICK IT YOU @**@ :lolol:

Yeah, same here. was very surprised when I saw the tweet.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think they may well target the back of our net. Bit of a worry.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

That’s a lovely thought but ai think it will be set pieces tomorrow————- I think 1-1 two set pieces........ dull game

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
The position of the player is probably more important than the player himself.

Regaining possession out wide, is going to lead to far less counter attacking opportunities than being dispossessed centre field.

Holding midfielder is probably the number 1 position as he will receive the ball facing his own goal or on the half turn.

That’s why Propper or Stephens would be numero uno.

No point targeting Trossard to win the ball back with 8 or 9 of our players still behind the ball.
......and you were correct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here