Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who will Liverpool target?

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
I've read a couple of articles recently that say Liverpool target who they consider to be the weakest player in each team to press particularly hard.

Who do you think they will choose for our game? I reckon either Dale Stephens as he is very susceptible to errors or Adam Webster based on his comparative lack of experience.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Don't most big clubs with good analysts have a "pressing victim" lined up for their matches?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They're going to need to know who's starting first.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Surprised you've called out Webster over lack of experience. What about Lamptey ? 4 Premier League appearances?

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Surprised you've called out Webster over lack of experience. What about Lamptey ? 4 Premier League appearances?

I think Lamptey has shown remarkable composure and comfort on the ball and under pressure. Webster was prone to mistakes early on and playing in a more central role offers more opportunities if he does concede possession.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Burn probably, as please god Stephens won’t start. I never want to see that 3 in midfield that started v ManUtd ever together again. I’d go with the same starting 11 from Saturday.
As for Lampty I have a feeling he can cope with it, quick feet and fast, no problem.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Burn probably, as please god Stephens won’t start. I never want to see that 3 in midfield that started v ManUtd ever together again. I’d go with the same starting 11 from Saturday.
As for Lampty I have a feeling he can cope with it, quick feet and fast, no problem.

Tend to agree. Whether Big Dan or Bernado at left back, that's where they will press.
The answer to that would be to play Solly on the left midfield (NOT Bissouma ffs). Solly can provide cover there better than anyone else available I think.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I don’t think Liverpool really care about this game tbh? And why would they? I don’t blame them.

Hopefully they underestimate us and we can get a result.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don’t think Liverpool really care about this game tbh? And why would they? I don’t blame them.

Hopefully they underestimate us and we can get a result.

Fingers crossed we'll benefit from Liverpool being poor and winning v Villa.
Had they lost we'd probably be on the receiving end of the push back.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fingers crossed we'll benefit from Liverpool being poor and winning v Villa.
Had they lost we'd probably be on the receiving end of the push back.

Push back? I thought we were playing football not The Chase

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Mostly this. Probably already on their private beach. Tho if they DO decide to play :xmas: with their youngsters after all, could make for a halfway-interesting match

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Burn, as susceptible to a tricky fast forward.

The gap that Laptey leaves when he gets forward as then someone likes Proper/Mooy/Stephens ends up filling it, not the best defenders.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the return to 3 centre halves on Wednesday.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
The position of the player is probably more important than the player himself.

Regaining possession out wide, is going to lead to far less counter attacking opportunities than being dispossessed centre field.

Holding midfielder is probably the number 1 position as he will receive the ball facing his own goal or on the half turn.

That’s why Propper or Stephens would be numero uno.

No point targeting Trossard to win the ball back with 8 or 9 of our players still behind the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here