Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 07-09/07/20

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Could see Watford, West Ham and Bournemouth all picking up rare wins in this round of fixtures.

The good news is that even if they do, we're still six points (plus GD) clear of the drop zone if we lose to Man City and, with them losing their last three away Premier League games, we won't.

Tuesday 7th
Crystal Palace v Chelsea (18:00) Sky Sports
Watford v Norwich City (18:00) Sky One / Sky Sports / Pick
Arsenal v Leicester City (20:15) Sky Sports

Wednesday 8th
Man City v Newcastle United (18:00) BT Sport
West Ham v Burnley (18:00) BT Sport
Sheffield United v Wolves (18:00) Sky Sports
Brighton & Hove Albion v Liverpool (20:15) Sky Sports

Thursday 9th

Everton v Southampton (18:00) Amazon Prime / Twitch
AFC Bournemouth v Tottenham Hotspur (18:00) Sky One / Sky Sports / Pick
Aston Villa v Man Utd (20:15) Sky Sports

Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 23.38.48.png

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Norwich have to win to have even the slimmest lifeline.

They need to put in their performance of the season tonight, or have they already chucked in the towel ?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Norwich have to win to have even the slimmest lifeline.

They need to put in their performance of the season tonight, or have they already chucked in the towel ?

Pukki looks FINNISH

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I agree that Watford and West Ham could get points, but can't agree that Bournemouth will, can see Spurs winning that one.
Though I fancy Norwich to upset Watford.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
As an aside, The Athletic confirms what we all suspected.........

Matteo Guendouzi has not trained with the Arsenal first team since their defeat at Brighton more than two weeks ago. The Athletic has learned that Mikel Arteta has instructed Guendouzi to train alone with a fitness coach, after encountering problems with the player’s attitude and general conduct.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
So between them, the bottom four have managed three points from the 60 available in their last five matches each.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
So between them, the bottom four have managed three points from the 60 available in their last five matches each.

Even if we’d lost all four games since Restart, we’d still be the same two points above relegation that we were before it began.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As an aside, The Athletic confirms what we all suspected.........

Matteo Guendouzi has not trained with the Arsenal first team since their defeat at Brighton more than two weeks ago. The Athletic has learned that Mikel Arteta has instructed Guendouzi to train alone with a fitness coach, after encountering problems with the player’s attitude and general conduct.

Could have been 'Maupay ends Gwenda's Arsenal career' :lol::lol:

Hope he learns his lesson - and a bit of humility - before he rocks up somewhere else (he will, he's a decent enough player)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even if we’d lost all four games since Restart, we’d still be the same two points above relegation that we were before it began.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But staring down the barrel of losing the first 6 games since restart.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
This could be a very dispiriting round of fixtures for the bottom three. I can see Watford and West Ham winning and none of the bottom three picking up a point which would put a 4 point gap between 17th and 18th, with only 4 matches left.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This could be a very dispiriting round of fixtures for the bottom three. I can see Watford and West Ham winning and none of the bottom three picking up a point which would put a 4 point gap between 17th and 18th, with only 4 matches left.

.....and leaving us effectively 10 points (with our GD) clear of the drop (even if we lose) with just 4 games left.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bournemouth and Villa showed plenty of fight at the weekend so I suspect 1 or both will now make a break for freedom the same way we did + West Ham.

I've been expecting Watford to pick up since the restart but since their draw with Leicester they are getting worse.

Would love a Norwich result tonight.

I'm going to go for a win for all 3 , be silly odds for that I know

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A bit abstract.....

I've just read that only last season Huddersfield beat Wolves both home and away.

That seems an absolute age ago. They are now hovering 3 points above relegation to League One.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bournemouth and Villa showed plenty of fight at the weekend so I suspect 1 or both will now make a break for freedom the same way we did + West Ham.

Villa? Agree 100%. They really put in a shift against Liverpool (who were missing three influencial players) but just came up short. We'll have to see if it inspires or demoralises them.

Bournemouth? Looked shot to bits. Yes, they scored twice, but the first was another terrible keeping error from De Gea and Man U really could have scored 10.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
.....and leaving us effectively 10 points (with our GD) clear of the drop (even if we lose) with just 4 games left.

....... and if we managed to somehow sneak a win against Liverpool, we would effectively be 13 points clear (with our GD) and safe :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bournemouth? Looked shot to bits. Yes, they scored twice, but the first was another terrible keeping error from De Gea and Man U really could have scored 10.

Was it, really though?

Maybe as a keeper, I'm overly defensive of them sometimes, but I hate the narrative that ANY goal at the near post is a keeper error. De Gea has left only the TINIEST of gaps there, and Stanislas has found that spot and hit it well, from about 4 yards away. De Gea is left hopelessly exposed by Maguire getting humiliated by the forward in the first place, and has litle option but to hedge his bets to try to protect the goal, AND cover the pass to Solanke waiting for a tap-in. :shrug:

There's people on here who blamed Matt Ryan for Enda Stevens thunderbolt at Bramall Lane, on the grounds of 'near post'. Its a nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here