Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Kasabian frontman, Tom Meighan leaves the band.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
All seems very sudden and the Kasabian statement seems a bit bland. No good luck for the future / thanks etc

Wonder what’s happened there

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
All seems very sudden and the Kasabian statement seems a bit bland. No good luck for the future / thanks etc

Wonder what’s happened there

Yes it struck me.as very abrupt. No we love our band mate and fully support his actions and wish him well. Just a terse no further comment

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I know nothing about Kasabian but is it possible that the pandemic and the lack of touring have had an adverse effect. It's a well known fact that many artists struggle with long periods at home as they are so attuned to living on the road. Time at home, time to ruminate on issues and perhaps indulge in bad habits? Who knows? For him and their fans hope he recovers.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is he available? Free transfer, any good.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Blatantly been sacked. Was talking about a new album only a few weeks ago.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
He's got bipolar and ADHD. That statement is pretty much copy-and-pasted from the email their manager will have sent to him, which will have said: "You have struggled with personal issues that have affected your behaviour for quite some time. You need to concentrate all your energies on getting your life back on track." Then they'll have agreed to start and end with mutual consent and no further comment.

Bit of a shame they turned into stadium lad-rock. The first album was miles ahead of the electro revival curve, sounded proper futuristic at the time. The album before last also seemed to show that they were the only chart band in the country that still had a sense of pop-as-pantomime. It wasn't great but it was nice to have something ridiculous among the constant trend for "down to earth" pop stars, which just ends up being incredibly bland.

A pal of mine's band supported them at the Pressure Point during the Jurassic era and they were very sound. They didn't seem like they wanted or expected to become massive.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Will reportedly appear before magistrates in Leicester on Tuesday following an accusation of domestic assault.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I saw them purely by accident - when they did the great escape at the Dome was out for beers in Brighton and managed to get some cheap tickets. Think it was just before their support of Oasis at Wembley

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Former Kasabian singer Tom Meighan has pleaded guilty to assaulting his former fiancee.

The 39-year-old admitted at Leicester Magistrates' Court attacking Vikki Ager on the evening 9 April.

The court heard a child had witnessed the assault and contacted 999 to report that a "domestic incident was taking place".

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Former Kasabian singer Tom Meighan has pleaded guilty to assaulting his former fiancee.

The 39-year-old admitted at Leicester Magistrates' Court attacking Vikki Ager on the evening 9 April.

The court heard a child had witnessed the assault and contacted 999 to report that a "domestic incident was taking place".

This is sad. The guy obviously has demons. I wish him all the best with his recovery.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
& the victim?..

Hehe. I was waiting for the fake outrage. Well, the victim wasn't seriously injured as we would of heard about it. She obviously has my sympathy too, as any assault is serious.

Lets not turn this into a Caroline Flack moment eh?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here