Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] If you're Bristol City, who do you appoint?

Next Bristol City manager?

• Chris Hughton

Votes: 189 85.9%
  • Mick McCarthy

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Ashley Cole

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Jonathon Woodgate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Karl Robinson

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Neil Warnock

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Quique Sanchez Flores

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • John Terry

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • David James

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Sol Campbell

Votes: 5 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I would love to see Bristol City in the Premier league - provided we're still there, one of the best away games going even if Ashton Gate is a hundred miles from the nearest mainline train station

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would love to see Bristol City in the Premier league - provided we're still there, one of the best away games going even if Ashton Gate is a hundred miles from the nearest mainline train station
They might have reopened Ashton Gate station by the time Bristol City are promoted (the tracks are still there, waiting!)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I vote for [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] just because I want to sneak in the question "where the hell is he?" without breaking the rules & starting a new thread.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Chris Hughton 100% if he’d come. Sensational in the Championship.

I’d like to see them promoted.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I voted for Mick. Partly because I'd like to see him back in a decent position, I think he did a better job at Ipswich than he was given credit for and also because I think he would do very well at Bristol City.

Hughton would be an even better choice, obviously. But having had a quick glimpse at one of the Bristol City forums, I don't think they deserve him.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
John Terry :lolol:

Jaysus - that would be a terrible appointment - I think I would be pretty confident in predicting that Terry would be a terrible manager.

If Terry did get the job it really would send some shocking signals about the lack of BAME appointments when viewed along with Lampard and Gerrard.

The Lego Stand

Jul 5, 2020
Jaysus - that would be a terrible appointment - I think I would be pretty confident in predicting that Terry would be a terrible manager.

If Terry did get the job it really would send some shocking signals about the lack of BAME appointments when viewed along with Lampard and Gerrard.

How do you know it would be a terrible appointment? He was an absolute leader when he was a player and has played under some top managers, he must've picked some things up from them.

Why 'shocking signals' ? Clubs can appoint whoever they like, why should they appoint a manager just to add to the BAME managers number.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
If Chris Hughton with his Championship dream team take over (Glenn, Dale, Kayal, Duffy, Rosenior) Bristol City will be my 2nd team.

Simple as that.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I voted for Chris. I wonder if he is hanging on for Fulham?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Sky says CH interested in Bristol City, presume agent putting his name out there, GOOD LUCK CH

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sky says CH interested in Bristol City, presume agent putting his name out there, GOOD LUCK CH

It won't be Chris or his Agent putting his name out there.

Having turned down close to double figures jobs because he wasn't ready at the time they came calling. Why would he alienate those Clubs from coming calling again by publicly stating he is is interested in another club.

So it won't be from Chris' end that stuff might be getting into the Media now that he might be ready to work again

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Having turned down close to double figures jobs because he wasn't ready at the time they came calling. Why would he alienate those Clubs from coming calling again by publicly stating he is is interested in another club.

So it won't be from Chris' end that stuff might be getting into the Media now that he might be ready to work again

Surely it depends on the clubs that came calling? Am I reading correctly between the lines, he’s waiting for a PL team to come calling?

Is he ready now for another job now?. And no I don’t expect you to answer that :smile:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Was it you, Noo? :lol:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Sorry but I have no allegiance to any club other than Brighton and Hove Albion.

Do you have a special connection with them?

Thanks for asking, no. I don't, but I can appreciate the football club. I've been to Bristol on a few occasions, I like the place and the football club is very similar to ours in terms of relative size and potential. They haven't come close to fulfilling theirs for quite some time and we've only really started achieving our own in the last 4/5 years. I wouldn't be surprised to see them spend time in the Premier League in the next decade, especially if they hire Chris Hughton and allow him to pick up some of his trusted lieutenants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here