Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] If you're Bristol City, who do you appoint?

Next Bristol City manager?

• Chris Hughton

Votes: 189 85.9%
  • Mick McCarthy

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Ashley Cole

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Jonathon Woodgate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Karl Robinson

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Neil Warnock

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Quique Sanchez Flores

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • John Terry

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • David James

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Sol Campbell

Votes: 5 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No idea who I'd want, but I could see them go the "exotic foreign manager" route as it is quite trendy, and they are quite trendy as well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No brainer, they have money and CH is a top top Championship manager. They will have their best chance of promotion under him. If he signs some of his Albion promotion side I will have quite a bit of interest too

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Unless he's still holding out for the Prem job that he will never get.

Silly if he is, the Championship and getting teams promoted into the Premier League really is his forte, and there is no one better at it.

As mush as l love Chris, sometimes it's best to privately except your failings, and stick to what you are brilliant at.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No brainer, they have money and CH is a top top Championship manager. They will have their best chance of promotion under him. If he signs some of his Albion promotion side I will have quite a bit of interest too

Welcome back to English football Connor Goldson! Niki Maenpaa is already there, (though not in th team), we could see Dale Stephens anchoring midfield, and Tomer Hemed up front, (what's happened to him at Charlton?).

All only if Chris gets the job of course.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Welcome back to English football Connor Goldson! Niki Maenpaa is already there, (though not in th team), we could see Dale Stephens anchoring midfield, and Tomer Hemed up front, (what's happened to him at Charlton?).

All only if Chris gets the job of course.

Don’t forget King Kayal!

I’m sure the club would also help out with some loan gems too.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Warnock's obviously out of the running now, having just started a new job. Hughton or McCarthy, I guess (I voted CH, but both would be valid choices.).

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Hasn’t Warnock just started a new job at Middlesbrough ?

Doubt he'd stay there if they got relegated - might not even stay if he keeps them up. And apparently Woodgate is staying at Middlesbrough in a coaching capacity.

Gibson made a big mistake not going after Hughton instead of Woodgate (and appointing Keane as his assistant was really stupid) - and I think Hughton could have taken the job. Gibson knows how tough it is to get promoted and then how tough it is to stay in the PL - if he finds the right guy he will give him ample time to get the job done.

The poll is actually missing a pile of people who have been linked to it - e.g Ainsworth, Barton, Karanka - all of whom are more likely that most of the names on the list.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Warnock's obviously out of the running now, having just started a new job. Hughton or McCarthy, I guess (I voted CH, but both would be valid choices.).

Mick has been away from club management for too long, and football has been the poorer for it in my opinion. His philosophy is very similar to his great friend Chris.

I do wonder though if he still has another promotion left in him? it takes a hell of a lot to get a team from the Championship and into the Premier League.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Mick has been away from club management for too long, and football has been the poorer for it in my opinion. His philosophy is very similar to his great friend Chris.

I do wonder though if he still has another promotion left in him? it takes a hell of a lot to get a team from the Championship and into the Premier League.

All opinions, innit?

.....and a hell of a lot of guesswork!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here