Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Tell Me Where To Move To?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That last pic..... Reminds me again how idyllic lockdown was. End of April we went surfing at Gwithian Towans, counted 9 other surfers on the entire St Ives bay from Hayle to Godrevy, plus 3 our 4 dog walkers, just stunning to have that huge beautiful expanse to ourselves.

Again in May half term when things had relaxed, hot and sunny would normally have been completly crowded, but perhaps a hundred or so people on the sands at low tide, very special

Bamburgh beach in Northumberland is like that at all times.

Just a bit of a bugger to get to. And you don't to go in the North Sea...

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I thought the price was cheap for what was on offer, and thought it worth sounding the agent about what the catch was, as we are thinking of moving to Arundel. The agent said that the previous buyer pulled out because his mortgage company withdrew the mortgage offer after finding out about the close vicinity of the new Lyminster bypass.

We drove that way today. The bypass will be an issue for that property.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
We are in the same boat but because of elderly family we don’t want to venture too far, so are looking at Hurst and Henfield. Would love to go to Dorset but holidaying there will just have to do.

Hurst has some lovely bits and some very ordinary bits as well - the bit around Dunky's place isn't too bad!

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Genuinely appreciate all the ideas (except those involving pizza boxes). We spent most of today driving and walking around Goring, Ferring, East Preston, Lyminster, Pulbrough and Ashington. Not sure we have concluded anything - tomorrow we will go east to Seaford!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Genuinely appreciate all the ideas (except those involving pizza boxes). We spent most of today driving and walking around Goring, Ferring, East Preston, Lyminster, Pulbrough and Ashington. Not sure we have concluded anything - tomorrow we will go east to Seaford!

It's a shame there's not much doing in EP, at the moment.
Plus to live there you'd have to compromise on your outside space, which I guess is true for many of the coastal towns.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Time to pick the collective brains of NSC. We currently live in Hassocks - lots we like about it, short walk to shops, station, easy access to Brighton and The Amex but.....we are early retired, late 50's who had a plan to travel a lot over the next few years. Covid has put a bit of a stop on that for a while and possibly longer. During the lockdown period we've been rethinking what we want to do with the next few years and where we want to be. Our consensus is we'd ideally like to stay in Sussex but in a house with more land so that we can get stuck into it as a project (ours is a relative new build with a corresponding tiny garden) and away from estates that attract young families (we are gradually getting more intolerant of kids noise!). Ideally close to the coast but happy to move further inland for the right place, content to be further away from the railway than now. Budget is going to be around £600k so it rules out some of the more "exclusive" villages. Also would consider crossing the border to a neighbouring county - most likely Hampshire as we have kids in Southampton.

So where would NSC suggest we look at moving to?

I thought I would spend some time looking around some locations in the west of Sussex for you.
I come up with a delightful property in a village called Yapton, near Arundel. It has 1/3 of an acre garden and seems to be very secluded.1.6 miles to a station that goes to Brighton directly too.
Sorry, I don't know how to post it up. It's with Rightmove, but is slightly over budget at £695,000.
I hope you enjoy looking at this charming character flooded property.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I thought I would spend some time looking around some locations in the west of Sussex for you.
I come up with a delightful property in a village called Yapton, near Arundel. It has 1/3 of an acre garden and seems to be very secluded.1.6 miles to a station that goes to Brighton directly too.
Sorry, I don't know how to post it up. It's with Rightmove, but is slightly over budget at £695,000.
Seems a bit pricey if it's flooded.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I think the current expression is 'I see what you did there'.

Look this property up, it will brighten up your day.
At £700k (about double what I own at the minute in property and everything) and in the wrong part of the country, I'm never going to live there.

But I do like looking at nice houses, so.....I shall.

Just copy the link in your browser on Rightmove and paste it on the forum btw. It's as easy as that. [emoji106]

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Is it this converted chapel? It is pretty cool.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-73881091.html

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yes, that's the one.
Thank you for your advice, but how do you copy?

If you are on the PC / laptop then just right click on the URL (the bar where it shows the website address) and the option to copy will be there.

Similar on the phone. Just press on the URL and same thing should be there.

Then just right click on the message bit on here (this part of the post as you're writing it) and it will have the option to "paste". :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here