Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Good luck to Oxford United tonight...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The #twats are crap in playoffs. They've never got to Wembley - drawn every home game, lost every away game. More of the same please.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has Dreaming Spires been unbanned for a day or two, to give us his dickhead thoughts?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I hate Oxford just as much. *****.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is it on telly. I find Spurs v Everton tonight fairly uninspiring. I'd like to watch the #tw@s fail to get to Wembley tonight.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I lived ashore in Fratton for a year in the mid eighties and stones throw from fratton park. My local was the Nell Gwynn which was frequent by many of the local headcases. The reason I got out alive was I shared a house with a couple of Royal Marines who were Pompey fans.

I like Pompey as a city but ****ing hate the club. Come on Oxford.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Not as much as Portsmouth surely?

Equal measures. Oxford was always a bit lively in the late 80's early 90's. I'm sure a few on here will remember! Especially with the police tactics of splitting everybody up on leaving the ground. Turned into ambush city trying to get to the station.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Gutted it isn't on DAZN here as I'd thoroughly enjoy watching them lose. It's not so much that I dislike them as a team, more that I find their fans to be repulsive and the city an absolute dump except for the harbour.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I will be hoping Portsmouth win tonight. Only because a friend of mine is a big Pompey fan and he is actually a really nice fella.

Glad there is no thumb down option any more.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
That said, a lad who works in a local bar here spent three years in Portsmouth and absolutely loved it. I'm still struggling to get my head around that.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I’m going to buck the trend here.
I lived in Pompey for 15 years after leaving the forces and made some very good friends.
I worked the door on every nightclub in the city over that 15 year period and got to know the nobs.
Yeah there’s some proper flutes about, but some likeable decent folk too. Like most places I guess.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
It’s a bloody shithole and feels weird, I’ve spent a few nights down there over the years as a fellow season ticket holder lives in Portsmouth. A lot of seems like it’s about 20 years back in the past. Will always remember the away game were a couple of their ‘youth’ started mouthing off after we beat them and we just causally walked over to them and they shut up. Needless to say it nearly kicked off the last time I went for a night out down there. One of the streets by the Guildhall is the most, or one of the most, crime ridden in the country.

Some of their fans seemed like wankers at the home game too, just generally mouthing off and trying to intimidate people. One had to nerve to say that Brighton was a shit city :O

They haven’t beaten us in ages, although they probably don’t give a shit about us. I did get some funny looks when I wore my Albion shirt in Bognor the other week though and I’m sure I heard someone say I should be in Littlehampton. The divide must run deep down there.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Equal measures. Oxford was always a bit lively in the late 80's early 90's. I'm sure a few on here will remember! Especially with the police tactics of splitting everybody up on leaving the ground. Turned into ambush city trying to get to the station.

Yeah, I remember it well. The song was right; it was a long way to the station. Doesn’t make me dislike their football club though.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I’m going to buck the trend here.
I lived in Pompey for 15 years after leaving the forces and made some very good friends.
I worked the door on every nightclub in the city over that 15 year period and got to know the nobs.
Yeah there’s some proper flutes about, but some likeable decent folk too. Like most places I guess.
Bet you could tell a few stories about your time on the doors!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here