Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was TB right to sack Chris Hughton?

Was TB right to sack Chris Hughton

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So many comments on this recently, where do you stand?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes. Even though I was shocked at the time.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Good thread... I’m going to be all over this one.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yes. I wish he'd done it sooner. Hated going to The Amex and away games with him in charge-nice guy but bloody awful as a Premier League manager.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yes, we were going backwards and stayed up by virtue of others being worse than us.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
I was gutted to see Chris go.

I was and remain fiercely loyal to him for all he did for us

However, I felt that after the Bournemouth result last season we had to change.

The atmosphere amongst fans was turning pretty toxic and Chris would then be forever a bad result away from a slating.

That toxicity breeds.

If this season had started under CH in anything other than scintillating fashion, his reign would have ended and pre-season planning would be lost.

Long and short, he had to change it.

Right decision, right man to take over, especially given the Ashworth, Barber, Bloom triumvirate.

Wish we could get Chris back to a game as gust of honour in front of a packed Amex to say goodbye properly.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

It's a yes from me though I was unsure at the time.

Pretty much this for me too - though we will never know what Hughton might have done with a refreshed/reinforced squad. Many of course will have an opinion - some may even claim their opinion is fact. The only fact is that we will never know.
FWIW, I was shocked and disappointed at the time, but I'm quite happy with how things are going now.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Exactly this.

I expected him to go after Bournemouth or Cardiff. Once he didn't then I expected him to hang on.

It's the right decision for the football club as things have worked out, though obviously not the right one for Chris, who is still out of the game as a manager.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was gutted to see Chris go.

I was and remain fiercely loyal to him for all he did for us

However, I felt that after the Bournemouth result last season we had to change.

The atmosphere amongst fans was turning pretty toxic and Chris would then be forever a bad result away from a slating.

That toxicity breeds.

If this season had started under CH in anything other than scintillating fashion, his reign would have ended and pre-season planning would be lost.

Long and short, he had to change it.

Right decision, right man to take over, especially given the Ashworth, Barber, Bloom triumvirate.

Wish we could get Chris back to a game as gust of honour in front of a packed Amex to say goodbye properly.

What a great idea, let’s do it :thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yes. The football was so bad I had started questioning why I was even bothering to go to games.

Don't get me wrong, I loved they guy and everything he had done for us up to that point, but something needed to change.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Thought it was a gamble at the time and wanted CH to stay but it's TBs decision to make, and obviously more than happy to see that we are all but safe for another season in the PL.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

He'll be blown away by that gesture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here