Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RIP Ennio Morricone

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ooh it’s a corner;9406132 said:

Just played this at full volume, looked up and saw Bozza running past. Incredible moment.

Last edited:

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Did he not drive the fastest milk cart in the west or am I thinking of someone else. Preparing now for the bin fest to my un PC humour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
The Untouchables

Perfect opening music setting the air of menace:

[yt]r9NH-NBF-Bc[/yt]

And perfect triumphant closing music making you want to stand up and cheer for the good guys' victory. "Never stop fighting till the fight is done."

[yt]Hu2FekMaTQc[/yt]

How he only won one Oscar (not counting the honorary one) is a mystery to me (and many others I guess), considering the number of great soundtracks he produced.

RIP Ennio, you will be missed but at least your creations survive.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Have bought lots of his scores down the years. A master of his art. His music will never die.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
As a tribute to the great man, Deborah's Theme, from Once Upon a Time in America, will be played before every Serie A match in the coming week. Addio Ennio.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Crap news to start the day. Was only listening to this yesterday!

From one of my favourite films. Picked up the soundtrack on LP with the Battle of Algiers on the other side. His intense depth of passion makes his music completely consuming and must be played extremely loud.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Although it was inevitable, I was deeply saddened yesterday and indeed today. Together, for me, with Leone, Ennio opened my ears and eyes to love and helped a young man form his appreciation of genuine heartfelt emotion.

Indeed he helped me fall in love, with love itself.

His music was full of the personality the harsh western characters lacked, he bought cinematic depth with operatic overtures to characters who were often unable to display their true emotions via the ‘script.’ Of course, this was the genius of Leone too, opening up hidden depths to those who had the emotional intelligence or wit to see or indeed feel it.

A true genius in a vast ocean of human mediocrity, a humble and reserved man who bought unbridled joy to his fans.

RIP Ennio.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here