Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RIP Ennio Morricone

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Personally I genuinely think the music for “The Mission” is the best film soundtrack ever. The music really seemed to echo and enhance the action. Gabriel’s Oboe always gives me goose bumps. He was the best. RIP

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Nooooooooooo

I love Morricone. When I was a kid, me and all the relatives used to go to grandpa to celebrate Christmas, and I always thought it was boring as hell... but also looked forward to when him and my uncles had got a bit drunk, because they would all go to his smoking room, put Morricone on the vinyl and light one up. Been in love with Morricone's stuff since age 5 or so.

If you really think about it, Western is (or was) really a pretty silly movie genre. People with nothing to do but to pretend to be tough - in those hats - and pictures of tumbleweed saying "bump" by night. Morricone was the one who made them (except for High Plains Drifter, good regardless) actually watchable.

With the weather outside seems like a perfect opportunity to watch the "Dollar" trilogy tonight.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Nooooooooooo

I love Morricone. When I was a kid, me and all the relatives used to go to grandpa to celebrate Christmas, and I always thought it was boring as hell... but also looked forward to when him and my uncles had got a bit drunk, because they would all go to his smoking room, put Morricone on the vinyl and light one up. Been in love with Morricone's stuff since age 5 or so.

If you really think about it, Western is (or was) really a pretty silly movie genre. People with nothing to do but to pretend to be tough - in those hats - and pictures of tumbleweed saying "bump" by night. Morricone was the one who made them (except for High Plains Drifter, good regardless) actually watchable.

With the weather outside seems like a perfect opportunity to watch the "Dollar" trilogy tonight.

The whole trilogy! :ohmy: I hope you’ve got plenty of smokeables and pizza in!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Some truly iconic stuff. And how many of us have the Good, The Bad and the Ugly as our mobile message tone?

And personally love the Ecstasy of Gold which Metallica have had as their concert walk on music for years

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Iconic film, scene and music.

That really is one of cinemas great scenes. That perfect coming together with the music being given the top role in the scene.The emotion of it all. Leonne perfect as well...

I’m an admire of most of Taratinos work and I’m glad he’s pays homage to these greats

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here