Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Snatching 14th place from Palace!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Whilst a long long shot, it’s still more likely than relegation.

This would be a brilliant achievement!

I can only see one ‘nailed on’ win for Palace amongst their remaining fixtures as they still have to play an awful Villa side.

If Liverpool are still on the beach and if City are still misfiring, we could get a point or two this week to put our unruly neighbours under some pressure. I think 45 points (three wins) is achievable with us then doing them on goal difference.

Something for Potter to inspire the troops with as we face our final 5 fixtures, finally looking up instead of down.

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think Villa will beat them. Then again I'm not sure we're going to get 2 more wins.

Hoping we can do it as tiring of giving £50 over on a losing bet

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It should be the aim. Aim for 14th, we might get it, aim to hold what we've got, we probably won't.

Restoring the natural order, (ie us looking down at Palace) should be a motivation to everybody at the club. They won't lose all of theirs so, I think we'll need 3 wins and a draw. Tough. But we can do it

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Of course, catching the team above us should be the target.

But it looks highly unlikely. They won't lose every game from here. And we are very unlikely to get more than a point from the next two games (and that woud be a big achievement). So we'd need to win all three of our final games.

Never know though...

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Of course, catching the team above us should be the target.

But it looks highly unlikely. They won't lose every game from here. And we are very unlikely to get more than a point from the next two games (and that woud be a big achievement). So we'd need to win all three of our final games.

Never know though...

This and this.

We should always be chasing the best position we can get (lesson learnt from the promotion season) and never coast in. The extra money can never be a bad thing. Beating Palace is just icing.

And yes... A really tough ask. On balance I don't think we have a chance of 3 from 3 but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be trying.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a shame off field positivity will seen them through.

The goodwill generated by the new stand will keep them above us for yet another season.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Its almost as though winning the 4 games on the spin and getting to 42 points the players and management, have thought..thats enough lets just coast the last few games. I suppose without fans and any real need it maybe understandable ?

Although blooding a few of our youngsters has been encouraging, the season has died on it arse TBH.

And not making the europer league for a club like Palace is probable a blessing as well.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Wasn’t it only about 6 games ago that they were saying they had got a certain number a points quicker than any other PL season and that they were going for their highest total? Yet now they are looking over their shoulders at us, who they believed would be relegated.

No excuses, but...
D718097E-1E2F-4BF7-AAAD-4BB3816FD00E.jpeg

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Its almost as though winning the 4 games on the spin and getting to 42 points the players and management, have thought..thats enough lets just coast the last few games. I suppose without fans and any real need it maybe understandable ?

Although blooding a few of our youngsters has been encouraging, the season has died on it arse TBH.

And not making the europer league for a club like Palace is probable a blessing as well.

How’s the ground improvements coming along?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
It should be the aim. Aim for 14th, we might get it, aim to hold what we've got, we probably won't.

Restoring the natural order, (ie us looking down at Palace) should be a motivation to everybody at the club. They won't lose all of theirs so, I think we'll need 3 wins and a draw. Tough. But we can do it

Natural order ? Where have you been for the last 30 odd years ?:lolol:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Natural order ? Where have you been for the last 30 odd years ?:lolol:

well done for finishing above a homeless team :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not impossible. Playing football with Hodgson as coach is effective but it isnt fun and now when they are safe I cant really see them getting a lot of points. That said, would probably need a few points vs Pool or City if its going to happen and while it isnt impossible, its not likely either.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Not impossible. Playing football with Hodgson as coach is effective but it isnt fun and now when they are safe I cant really see them getting a lot of points. That said, would probably need a few points vs Pool or City if its going to happen and while it isnt impossible, its not likely either.

Are you going to come over for a Palace game to see what all the fuss is about?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here