Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fascinating Stat, no really!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Highlighted by the brilliant Albion Analytics on twitter, highly recommend a follow if you're not.

At the end of the Norwich match I just briefly looked over the stats and realised we had less possession, caught my attention and soon forgot!

Albion Analytics has shown our possession stats since the re-start 41%, 34%, 38%, and 42%.

Before lockdown we were getting sizeable chunks of the possession stats on our side, sometimes into the 60s.

Is GP creating a counterattacking hybrid from his possession based football and CH defence at all cost?

If so I wonder if this is a taste of next season, 4 games 7 points taken!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I beg to differ.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Cant play high, intense pressure after a 3 month break, the players would get exhausted in 20 min.

Also, considering the opponents (except Norwich) I'm not sure the numbers would have looked a lot different no matter the tactics.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Cant play high, intense pressure after a 3 month break, the players would get exhausted in 20 min.

Also, considering the opponents (except Norwich) I'm not sure the numbers would have looked a lot different no matter the tactics.

Good point.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Highlighted by the brilliant Albion Analytics on twitter, highly recommend a follow if you're not.

At the end of the Norwich match I just briefly looked over the stats and realised we had less possession, caught my attention and soon forgot!

Albion Analytics has shown our possession stats since the re-start 41%, 34%, 38%, and 42%.

Before lockdown we were getting sizeable chunks of the possession stats on our side, sometimes into the 60s.

Is GP creating a counterattacking hybrid from his possession based football and CH defence at all cost?

If so I wonder if this is a taste of next season, 4 games 7 points taken!

I think it’s more evidence that GP is capable of changing styles as required. In a post lockdown scenario with relegation on the line he obviously felt a change was needed.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018

Actually, last year we had a lot of possession against higher placed teams of 60%+. But we just used to potter about in our half before losing the ball just past the half way line.

This new trend could signify a faster, more aggressive tactic albeit at the expense of passes, ole.

Would be interesting to compare those two stats, passes Vs possession, against each other.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We couldn’t play break football with the lack of pace will presently have

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Tell Lamptey, Maupay, Connolly and Trossard that; but I do wonder if that's something that might be looked at enhancing.

Lamprey we leave our for a little while but. I wouldn’t consider any of the others that quick...... they’re not slow but our breaks will struggle to come with the present players. Hope I’m wrong of course... it’s been known

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Tell Lamptey, Maupay, Connolly and Trossard that; but I do wonder if that's something that might be looked at enhancing.

I've wondered since Lamptey joined if he could play a more attacking midfield role, supporting the right back, Montoya, and making the right wing his own.

id love GP to "do a Virgo" on Lamptey and move him to the forward line, not against liverpool or mac obviousy but by the time we play southampton we should be mathematically safe and can experiment

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've wondered since Lamptey joined if he could play a more attacking midfield role, supporting the right back, Montoya, and making the right wing his own.

I'm sure he could. Just like Gareth Bale started as a left back. If a player reaches a certain level of quality its often difficult (and wrong) to keep their starting position far from the opposition goal.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Yep, we have a much more pragmatic approach. Hopefully Potterball will make a come back for the City and L'pool games. I would like to see Mac and Propper working with Connolly and Maupay, their goal against Arsenal was a taste of things to come, with the pressure off a bit we could try our arm at these two and start training for next season.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
id love GP to "do a Virgo" on Lamptey and move him to the forward line, not against liverpool or mac obviousy but by the time we play southampton we should be mathematically safe and can experiment

This I would like to see. Quick as a flash, skill to go round a few players and will do somersaults if brushed lightly. I can't wait. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here