Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jensen Weir Wigan - signed on 3 year contract

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
“ Brighton - who owe Wigan a sizeable sum if they stay up as part of the Dan Burn deal - also plan to raid troubled Wigan for Weir, where ironically, dad David is one of their scouts.”

[tweet]1279535689122689025[/tweet]

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Obviously not clicking the link to that article and not going to spend a second thinking about whether a rumour they publish on a Sunday is true or not.

Though I find the pitiful wording in the tweet/quote quite amuzing... its not like some instance of "bad luck" caused their situation. Whelan sold his economically unsustainable club to a company with no other interest than money. Any other outcome than - one way or another - getting robbed of all their assets and then left to die would have been very surprising.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
“ Brighton - who owe Wigan a sizeable sum if they stay up as part of the Dan Burn deal - also plan to raid troubled Wigan for Weir, where ironically, dad David is one of their scouts.”

[tweet]1279535689122689025[/tweet]

Didnt they sign a player of ours a day before they went into administration?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Glad HW ‘raided’ us for Mark Beeney when we faced financial oblivion. Still, not like the Sun to exaggerate...

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Basically, they’ve looked at connections and noticed his dad works for the Albion. Poor journalism from a poor paper. Can’t see it. Also, can’t see a fire sale going on at Wigan. They’ll find a buyer quickly and get this whole sorry mess over with. EFL should be done for letting it happen.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Basically, they’ve looked at connections and noticed his dad works for the Albion. Poor journalism from a poor paper. Can’t see it. Also, can’t see a fire sale going on at Wigan. They’ll find a buyer quickly and get this whole sorry mess over with. EFL should be done for letting it happen.

I fancied the Chelsea commentary yesterday and ended up having to listen on talkshite as the beeb had other fish to fry.

My god what a shit station. It uses a football commentary as a vehicle to promote online gambling, and ads for the sun, one of which made reference to The Albion in a pathetic attempt to induce ejits into placing soppy bets via the sun's moron app.

This is the world in which some people 'exist'. God help us all.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I fancied the Chelsea commentary yesterday and ended up having to listen on talkshite as the beeb had other fish to fry.

My god what a shit station. It uses a football commentary as a vehicle to promote online gambling, and ads for the sun, one of which made reference to The Albion in a pathetic attempt to induce ejits into placing soppy bets via the sun's moron app.

This is the world in which some people 'exist'. God help us all.

'A thousand influences constantly press a working man down into a passive role. He does not act, he is acted upon.'

The Road to Wigan Weir (1937) by George Orwell

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Looks like it’s happening if you Believe Nixon who isn’t a bad source if I remember correctly.

Spurs were apparently in for him - whether it’s true they had offers knocked back by administrators I’m not sure...

Now to research him!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ah 18 and made 1 appearance when he was 15 - looks like one for the DS then...

Esit - wiki not up to date, seems he’s played a bit this season.

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I doubt it is true.

There are easier ways to relegate a club than going into admin. The owner could just take over as manager himself for instance, and sabotage things by wilful incompetence.

Can you do that without the appropriate coaching badges these days? ???

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Can you do that without the appropriate coaching badges these days? ???
No idea, but the premise that you could put a deliberately sabotaging stooge in charge has a lot more credence than deliberate administration - where you then lose control - to engineer a points deduction.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Ah 18 and made 1 appearance when he was 15 - looks like one for the DS then...

Esit - wiki not up to date, seems he’s played a bit this season.

Not sure where your looking but he’s only played one league game. Appeared once this season in a cup game.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
No idea, but the premise that you could put a deliberately sabotaging stooge in charge has a lot more credence than deliberate administration - where you then lose control - to engineer a points deduction.

Interesting. The only time I remember something similar was when the owner of Bromley took over as manager a few years back.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I see the EFL are still as incompetent and toothless as they were 23 years ago. Wasn't there a "small" club then, whose owners tried to put them out of business so they could sell the ground for a massive profit?

I wonder whatever happened to them?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here