Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What should be our focus for the last 5 matches?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Get mathematically safe.

Don't play like we normally do when our future is assured: ie like we've been on the piss all week.

This ... I was a bit worried when I read about the players celebrations after the Norwich game

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
As many points as possible, especially as we should play even better, classier football when the pressure is off.

Plus each position is worth an additional £2.5 million I believe to Tony's coffers.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Should keep playing on to get best position possible and some payback for TB.
GP has been experimenting with the squad line ups all season, so that won't change.
Max effort for max points.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The funniest thing on there “Lamptey is a diver, should do well at Brighton”. This is coming from a team who’s talisman is Mr Tumble :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Was about to post the same.

Reading that thread, It seems that the penny has finally dropped that the mighty Albion are reeling them in and this is the first time I have seen an acceptance of this. Bloody bring it on. Doubt we’ll catch them this season but next season could be the one where we finish above them (the last time did not end well!) and chances are we’ll stay there for a long long time :thumbsup:

How sweet would/will that be, it’s been a long long time coming

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Try and win every match although we can start getting injured players sorted out from now onwards.

That said we are in a fairly unusual position that with a couple of games left we might not be able to move up or down in the table so Potter might want to start on pre-season while this season is still going.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I'd like to see Andone back in the team for the last five games. Temperament aside he looked like a real hungry striker.

Sorry Razer but that's unlikely as Andone copped a nasty injury on his last appearance (knee i believe)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd like Potter to use the remaining games to continue to refine our methods, and improve our performances.

Ideally I'd love for us to catch Palace, but equally (and going against everything else I've written) I'd like to see Teddy Jenks and Haydon Roberts get a few minutes on the pitch.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
1 more goal betters our previous highest tally of goals in the PL.

5 more points betters our previous highest points tally in the PL.

Both I would say are reasonable targets for the final games. 41 pts with 41 goals has a certain symmetry I wouldn't object to. :D

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
With a hugely congested fixture list next season the squad game and rotation and utilization of our substitutes will be more important than ever. Now is a golden opportunity to give some of the fringe/youth players game time and assess their capability for the coming season, whilst resting other key players from potential injury and keep them fresh for the new season.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Continue to play Bissouma, Mac Allister and Lampty in every game to get them more estblished. Sure some would add Connolly to that list too.

Also we want at least 4 points.

Decide what is happening next season with Duffy. Not saying anything needs to, and he might be quite happy as 3rd/4th choice at a team who plays 2 or 3 CB and likes Burn as a hybrid switching in for periods. But IF he wants out eventually, he has lost a lot of value in the last 12 months and likely will even more next season unless playing regularly.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Bettering our highest ever finish of 13th would be my hope. I don’t really care about records only earned in the PL. Unfortunately yesterday’s result made this aim a little less achievable.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Just did the fishy calculator with us winning the last 3 games (well, it is possible)

11 Burnley 38 -9 50
12 Brighton 38 -9 45
13 Crystal Palace 38 -13 45
14 Southampton 38 -13 45
15 Newcastle 38 -10 44
16 West Ham 38 -18 37
17 Watford 38 -22 32
18 Aston Villa 38 -26 28
19 Bournemouth 38 -27 28
20 Norwich 38 -37 22

https://thefishy.co.uk/football-calculator.php

Paying the bills