Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Co-commentator

Seagullroyal

Dec 31, 2014
Watched the match on a stream from Hesgoal.
American programme, only went down three times during the match. Only problem was that as well as the commentator and co-commentator, I could hear another commentator in the background! So it wasn't the best sound quality. However, when Dale Stephens came on, the co-commentator said "Dale joined when I was still at Brighton". Couldn't work out who he was? Anyone else watch that stream?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I watched the same feed. It was Matthew Upson

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Mine stopped each time it went to an ad break! Took ages to get it back at half time.

I’d been trying to work out who the co-commentator was, too, and the Dale Stephens reference was what made me realise who it was.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Yep, Matt Upson as co-commentator, he's definitely one of the better ones. Sadly they still employ Andy Townsend to do a lot of the games. Christ knows why.

Chris Hughton was in the studio too. You could almost hear him salivating over a solid 1-0 win with a good defensive performance.

EDIT: Just as a I say that, Andy Townsend gets introduced on the commentary team for the evening match,

Last edited:

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
Upson seemed to keep calling Lamptey 'Lafferty' though which was annoying. I thought Hughton was very respectful and professional in the studio. Wouldn't expect anything less from him to be fair. He's an absolute gentleman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here