Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Played an absolute blinder today. Starting 11 and tactics perfect against Norwich and great substitutions and change of tactics at the right time. Also 3 clean sheets in a row on the road now.

I was extremely positive about him at the start of the seaon and even more so now, he’s learnt more as the season’s gone on and I’m really excited about the future under him.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Agreed. Norwich were awful though. To have such little energy and drive in their situation is shocking.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
GPott has benefitted from the extended break but we've shown our great quality, that's us safe and next season shouldn't be just a relegation battle, should in my opinion be aiming for a top half finish.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Disagree it was perfect. 1-0 is a dangerous lead to hold, they hit the post in the 90th min.

But take nothing away from the manger and players, a huge leap towards survival.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Played an absolute blinder today. Starting 11 and tactics perfect against Norwich and great substitutions and change of tactics at the right time. Also 3 clean sheets in a row on the road now.

I was extremely positive about him at the start of the seaon and even more so now, he’s learnt more as the season’s gone on and I’m really excited about the future under him.

I'm not going to rave about today's substitutions but our starting line up and tactics were spot on, we liited them to pot shots and nothing too difficult to handle.

Potter across the season has done a grand job in transforming our style of lay and developing some average players into footballers. I cannot wait until next season to see how we set up and play under Potter

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Norwich were rubbish all over the pitch but we needed the post to bail us out at the very end. How different the reaction to that "performance" would have been if that had gone in.

It would have made Ian Darke's day, having spoken about Idah all match.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
For all the changes GP has made to our style, our tactical flexibility etc.

It’s notable that we’ve had clean sheets under him. Hughton would have been proud of that result and performance today.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He doesn’t always get it right but he’s not afraid to try. Keeping us up with a good style of football in the prem deserves huge credit. Well done GP and his team and we’ll done Albion for taking the risk.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Let's not go overboard here. grateful for the win obviously, but this was a game between two very poor teams, where we just came out on top, just escaping relegation doesn't turn Graham Potter into a master tactician.

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
It’s just so slow though.Tactically I guess he got it right but I really hope that next season we have a bit more about us. Everything done a bit quicker more direct.Physical pace and quick speed of thought are a nightmare to play against,so here’s hoping.Great 3points and UTA:rock:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Meh, Fence etc . . . . better to watch than CH teams but nothing in it results wise, yet.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Norwich were rubbish all over the pitch but we needed the post to bail us out at the very end. How different the reaction to that "performance" would have been if that had gone in.

It would have made Ian Darke's day, having spoken about Idah all match.

Absolutely this.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Norwich are dreadful. I like Potter but a post like this after that game is laughable :lolol:

It was a poor performance but we got the job done against a team who were worse than us, I thought our tempo was lacking throughout the game personally.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Trusted Barber and Bloom last season. Trusted them on the decision to (sadly) let Hughton go. Everyone must get behind and back the club to move forward!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Let's not go overboard here. grateful for the win obviously, but this was a game between two very poor teams, where we just came out on top, just escaping relegation doesn't turn Graham Potter into a master tactician.

Maybe not a master, but his ability to switch tactics gives us an edge we didn't have last season.

If it wasn't working last season we were ****ed.
Once the players were on the field it was up to them.
Potter has won us points this season by the changes he has made.

It's a major difference.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Norwich are dreadful. I like Potter but a post like this after that game is laughable :lolol:

It was a poor performance but we got the job done against a team who were worse than us, I thought our tempo was lacking throughout the game personally.

Relegation 6 pointer.
One team must win, the other must not lose.

We didn't have to be at our best, the result was all that mattered.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I agree with the tempo but I’d call it an average performance but an intelligent one - not a poor one.

Ironically our best performance by a long way in the 4 games was Leicester (particularly first half) yet we didn’t win. Job done today - 2 wins 1 draw and a defeat against arsenal Man U Leicester - with less home advantage - be happy mate !

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
GP’s done a great job, and never a complaint about transfer business. With no top league experience and with players new to him, to make this work so quickly, has been an outstanding effort.

Today had all the hallmarks of a backs to the wall, no attempts performance, in seasons 2017/18 or 2018/19, possession conceded. Today:

00DBFAF1-FA05-4B51-A96A-CB757ED80535.png

Norwich’s stats flattered by going all out in the desperate last ten minutes.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I said back in November what a great manager he was. Glad to see Bloom offered him a new contract so quickly after joining us.

Things really looking rosy now. Well done Bloom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here