Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
MOTD briefly showed some stats after the game last night. Can’t remember all the details but essentially we’ve got the same points as we finished with last season (but with 5 games left), scored more, conceded less (I think many are missing how impressive our defence has been - we’ve conceded the 10th least goals in the division, and the same as Chelsea - in 4th - and Spurs), improved Xg, more possession etc etc as Keown said, ‘real progress’.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Yes, and don't forget Leeds not only have to return one of their two best players (to us, of all places) and only have one forward in their squad: step forward, Patrick Bamford. Also chuck in that their creative player is 35 or 36.

And they currently have 1 style of play that would be found out in 5 minutes in the Prem

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
I’m surprised by a bit of negativity about today. Obviously not a pretty game for the neutral but I thought we played it out perfectly from our point of view.

We limited them to one chance which obviously we had a bit of luck with, but playing away against a team desperate for the win, that is really impressive from us. That chance even came as a surprise to me as I didn’t really feel nervous throughout the match, I thought we were in control. We weren’t having to do the desperate last ditch defending of the end of last season for sure.

We looked like a strong, experienced premier league team against a naive side not really in our league.

Totally agree. Not a great performance but we never really looked in trouble.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I'm really excited to see how Potter crafts his first close season; I really think he will build on a more dynamic team and formation, expect to see more youth players pushing for first team places and who will he bring in? Really love and respect what CH did for our club but GP is now moving the club forward to another stage. Brave and bold call by Tony, looks like its paid off!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I really like the thinking behind how our backroom staff are set out. Tony, Paul Barber, Dan Ashworth to help bring youngsters in (Lamptey) and develop our academy, and GP to implement that conveyor belt through to the first team.

GP needed a season to settle in and get a few youngsters experienced in the first team, which he’s done, and I’m really excited to see what we can do now!

It’s a bold strategy cotton let’s see if it pays off for us.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm really excited to see how Potter crafts his first close season; I really think he will build on a more dynamic team and formation, expect to see more youth players pushing for first team places and who will he bring in?

As well as nurturing the home grown players, he's clearly intent on bringing in youth. Of the players he brought in last summer, I think that only Webster and Trossard were older than 23 (and they were 24) but look at the others: Maupay, Clarke, Richards, Lamptey - all spring chickens.

I imagine that purchases this summer will be of a similar vein: all between 19 and 24 and we may be saying goodbye to some faithful servants. I wonder how many of our promotion squad will still be at the club next year

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The defending under him has been nothing but shambolic. He is the new Hyypia. Get this clown out now. The warning signs were there weeks ago. You made a massive mistake Bloom appointing him so hold your hands up and admit you got it wrong. Sack him.

Terrible defending and no goals. Every match we all over over the place at the back it's fecking disgraceful.

POTTER OUT

I said back in November what a great manager he was. Glad to see Bloom offered him a new contract so quickly after joining us.

Things really looking rosy now. Well done Bloom.

Just thought it worth highlighting what a prick [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] really is.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'm really excited to see how Potter crafts his first close season; I really think he will build on a more dynamic team and formation, expect to see more youth players pushing for first team places and who will he bring in? Really love and respect what CH did for our club but GP is now moving the club forward to another stage. Brave and bold call by Tony, looks like its paid off!

This is exactly my thoughts. Given the younger players he's developed and brought into the team this season, it is going to be really exciting to see who we bring in this summer and how Potter develops the players who come into the squad and further develops those who have been here this season. Based on the Lamptey signing, I am confident we are in our best position ever to attract quality young players who can't get first team football elsewhere and give them first team football

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Just thought it worth highlighting what a prick [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] really is.

That's too nasty for me. I don't like his postings on here, but that's totally uncalled for. He's a passionate Brighton fan, by all means disagree with him but you have no idea what's going on in his life, or what that type of comment will mean to him. Challenge his opinions, but don't attack the person.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good interview post match ...despite the interviewer asking the same questions just jumbling his words in a different order

I thought that too.......interviewer tried to get him to blame individual players for mistakes.

‘It was my fault....we all need to improve’ etc. Top man [emoji122][emoji122]

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Good interview post match ...despite the interviewer asking the same questions just jumbling his words in a different order

Shame about the pre-match, "We will do our best" lambs to the slaughter, sadly this bloke needs to learn fast for next season, Hughtonesque at its finest..:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here