Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] First 1-0 of the season

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
First 1-0 of the season, and first time I've seen Potter properly shut up shop - he's adding strings to his bow! Got to be able to do that in the premier league.

MOM will be Lamptey because his pace and touch catches the eye, but the whole back 4 were excellent. Webster has really grown over the season, there were Duffy-esque headers today and his ability on the ball is clear to see. Dunk is the answer to the question 'why do we sign so many young centre-backs? ' , because replacing our best ever player will be so so so hard and we need to make sure we have enough eggs in the basket. Dan Burn was Dan Burn, he is so clearly enjoying himself in the premier league.

One horrible heart in mouth moment at the end, but there always is in a tight game.... survived it.. 3 points deserved and well earnt

Off to the pub now! :drink:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
First 1-0 of the season, and first time I've seen Potter properly shut up shop - he's adding strings to his bow! Got to be able to do that in the premier league.

MOM will be Lamptey because his pace and touch catches the eye, but the whole back 4 were excellent. Webster has really grown over the season, there were Duffy-esque headers today and his ability on the ball is clear to see. Dunk is the answer to the question 'why do we sign so many young centre-backs? ' , because replacing our best ever player will be so so so hard and we need to make sure we have enough eggs in the basket. Dan Burn was Dan Burn, he is so clearly enjoying himself in the premier league.

One horrible heart in mouth moment at the end, but there always is in a tight game.... survived it.. 3 points deserved and well earnt

Off to the pub now! :drink:

This is down to us being scared of letting our lead slip and Webster's improvements during the lockdown. He has added positional awareness and aerial ability to his game and it now looks obvious to the reason Potter wanted him. I had hoped for a second goal, we could've been crying about 2 points dropped

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I have noticed a considerable improvement from Webster since lockdown, so much so I did think we missed him vs Man Utd, even if the team selection and tactics were somewhat questionable.

He still does seem to have an error in him but hopefully he'll continue to improve.

Centre back options of him, Dunk, White and Duffy next season and I reckon we are sorted. Still worried about Dunk leaving though - he's pure class.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I have noticed a considerable improvement from Webster since lockdown, so much so I did think we missed him vs Man Utd, even if the team selection and tactics were somewhat questionable.

No crowd on his back.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here