Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ? July edition

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

• Total voters

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
And now the blame starts - it was the care home owners fault that so many died, as their procedures weren't up to scratch.

Clearly nothing to do with the 25,000 elderly patients that were pumped out of hospitals into care homes, at the government/NHS orders!

Believe it or not, I quite liked Boris, until this pandemic. I now think he is a lying, cheating, deceiving, fat ****…

PS, sorry if that is sizeist...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Unbelievable gall from Johnson to blame anyone for anything right now, frankly. He can **** right off.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They have been steering it into the “it’s all your fault” lane for a month or so now. And here it is.
How anyone can vote Tory after this defies sanity. With their handling of this and their handling of Brexit, they have brought the country to its knees in four short years.
Shameful.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
C**t.

Has anyone got anything to say in his defence now?? Shocking comments.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How anyone can vote Tory after this defies sanity.

That's nonsense though, isn't it?

I can't vote Labour because of the Iraq war - an illegal, ill-planned, ill-fated, ill-judged abomination, that so many demonstrated against and so many were slaughtered in and because of which so many still suffer.

I can't vote Lib Dem because of their lie over tuition fees.

I can't vote Tory for the reasons you state.

Just who can I vote for in the future?

Personally, I didn't and won't vote for a Johnson-led government anyway. However, when he has moved on, I will pass fresh judgement over the Tory party, as I will all others, and vote where I feel it is best for me to do so. I am able to recognise that it is wholly unfair to blame someone for actions undertaken by others at some point in the past.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
C**t.

Has anyone got anything to say in his defence now?? Shocking comments.

shocked? im only surprised he's drawn attention to it now, the problem has been there to see (and discussed) since April.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I can't vote Labour because of the Iraq war - an illegal, ill-planned, ill-fated, ill-judged abomination, that so many demonstrated against and so many were slaughtered in and because of which so many still suffer.

I can't vote Tory for the reasons you state.

Personally, I didn't and won't vote for a Johnson-led government anyway. However, when he has moved on, I will pass fresh judgement over the Tory party, as I will all others, and vote where I feel it is best for me to do so. I am able to recognise that it is wholly unfair to blame someone for actions undertaken by others at some point in the past.

May I suggest that the Green Party might still be an option?
Beyond that, is this 'I' you specifically or a general 'I' and, if the former, how many demonstrations did you go on prior to the war's outbreak? It's worth flagging up that, at the time, the public were evenly split on whether they supported the war or not.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
BJ showing his vile true colours now. And no amount of 'clarification' spin will help. Smearing totally dedicated pitifully low-paid care workers to deflect blame from his government's criminal failings is about as low as it gets. Total ****

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
So yesterday the care homes were to blame, today Matt Hancock says they are doing "amazing work".

Make your ****ing minds up, or better still don't let Boris speak in public. Maybe this is one of the after effects of Covid-19, foot in mouth disease, as Boris is constantly putting his size 9 in it...

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Scumbag.

This is the true cost of Brexit. People voting for Boris and his band of profiteers, so they could rush Brexit through. But now we are all paying the price. And what is the price? Tens of thousands of lives.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I can't vote Tory for the reasons you state. Kip

No Bozza, it’s not nonsense.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No Bozza, it’s not nonsense.

You would not vote Tory ever, that is why you think that.

In 20, 50, 100 years time are you telling me people should not vote Tory because of something someone did 20, 50, 100 years ago, regardless of the merits of those leading the Tory party at the time?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You would not vote Tory ever, that is why you think that.

In 20, 50, 100 years time are you telling me people should not vote Tory because of something someone did 20, 50, 100 years ago, regardless of the merits of those leading the Tory party at the time?

I have voted Tory and would hope to again one day. And let’s try not to get hysterical with figures of 50, 100 years etc.

Allow me to clarify; in the next few years it’s unlikely the Tory government will have rid themselves of the Moggs, Johnson’s and Goves or advisors like DC. It would be insane to vote for this self serving mob to continue to rule.

In the highly unlikely circumstance that these fools have left, I may reconsider.

I may make it another 50 years, but 100 seems a little optimistic :)

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Finally happened, even I've been prepared to give some benefit of the doubt but finally moved to "Very Poor" (trend was Average to Poor to Poor now to Very Poor). The farming of the blame to others (who they stood and clapped shamelessly not so very long ago) and the awful failure of track and trace are the final nails in the coffin, I'm increasingly of the belief anything positive has happened in spite of, not because of, the actions of the Government.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You do have to ask yourself, if Theresa May had still been PM in January, how many more people would now be alive?

You have to think it would have gone better, she feels like a lot more of a details person. She also could have maintained a consistency of message because she wouldn't have been desperate to cling on to someone like Cummings and having to rehash the entire strategy just to try and save his worthless skin.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here