Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ? July edition

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1281498830521937920[/TWEET]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I didn't realise that this is the first of these polls that I had made public but it is quite interesting on a to see who actually voted 'Superb'.

Two who don't live in the UK and one who doesn't live on planet earth :lolol:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I didn't realise that this is the first of these polls that I had made public but it is quite interesting on a to see who actually voted 'Superb'.

Two who don't live in the UK and one who doesn't live on planet earth :lolol:

And one of those self-describe as a paleo-anarchist. I've got time for anarchists, but paleos can go and take a running hike.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
We've already got access to one more vaccine than the EU, the one that's going to be manufactured here.

Remember all the pant wetting about the EU ventilator procurement group that we didn't need?

They probably do as those two were adding to the dampness .. for some bizarre reason they luv a sodden mattress.

In other news, despite their handling of the pandemic being a bit patchy HMG still hold a reasonable poll lead.

Voting%20intention%208-9%20July%202020-01.png

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Boris is now saying don’t work from home but go into work which is the opposite of what the government have said for months. Most employees and employers have realised it is cheaper and more efficient to work at home, the country has changed for good, people will not spend money to get to work, get delayed on public transport just to save a few sandwich shops.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Boris is now saying don’t work from home but go into work which is the opposite of what the government have said for months. Most employees and employers have realised it is cheaper and more efficient to work at home, the country has changed for good, people will not spend money to get to work, get delayed on public transport just to save a few sandwich shops.

It is a bit odd isn't it. He seems to be telling us to get back to offices, just so we all have to spend more. I thought this was the 'greenest government ever' - my carbon savings since working from home have been huge.

And what's this about masks going to be compulsory in shops. Compulsory in shops where there are screens, social distancing, and you're not talking much - but not in pubs..... Compulsory in shops just as the deaths and cases are dropping to fairly low levels - after months during the full-scale crisis where masks didn't need to be worn in the shops we could go in.

Bizarre really.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

What he said this evening was: "I do want people to start to go to work now if you can, but remember to follow the guidance because that is the way to save lives. I think everybody has sort of taken the ‘Stay at home if you can’ … I think we should now say, well, ‘Go back to work if you can.’ Because I think it’s very important that people should try to lead their lives more normally. I want to see more people feeling confident to use the shops, use the restaurants, and get back into work – but only if we all follow the guidance.”

So - he is encouraging us to 'follow the guidance'.

And what does the Government guidance he tells us to follow on working actually say at this current moment? Yes - it says "you must.....work from home if you can" https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

arse, elbow?

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
It is a bit odd isn't it. He seems to be telling us to get back to offices, just so we all have to spend more. I thought this was the 'greenest government ever' - my carbon savings since working from home have been huge.

And what's this about masks going to be compulsory in shops. Compulsory in shops where there are screens, social distancing, and you're not talking much - but not in pubs..... Compulsory in shops just as the deaths and cases are dropping to fairly low levels - after months during the full-scale crisis where masks didn't need to be worn in the shops we could go in.

Bizarre really.

Yes, you can go into a large supermarket which restricts the number of entrants and have to wear a mask even though it’s been fine for the last 3 months but not wear one in a pub and go back to work in a enclosed office when it’s safer and more efficient to work at home, I’m confused.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here