Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ? July edition

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
It's that time of the month again and as before, I'm making the assumption that we are talking Government rather than Boris Johnson personally.

So new Poll, same options.

April Poll

NscPoll.jpg

May Poll

NscPoll2.jpg

June Poll

NscPoll3.jpg

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
It's that time of the month again and as before, I'm making the assumption that we are talking Government rather than Boris Johnson personally.

So new Poll, same options.

April Poll

View attachment 125680

May Poll

View attachment 125681

June Poll

View attachment 125682

That’s a really interesting visualisation of the shift in public opinion. Back in April, most were positive. Come June, it’s overwhelmingly [very] negative.

There’s probably some benefit of hindsight at play here, but I do distinctly remember feeling back in March that we should having been locking down a week or two earlier than we did. I’m an absolute layman when it comes to epidemiology, a new word in my lexicon for 2020, but there’s certainly an argument that Italy could have served as hindsight in real time.

Was it bad scientific advice, or just bad leadership? I think it will all come out in the wash when this is over, but I don’t see the government looking good.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I am tending to try an avoid criticism (benefit of hindsight etc.) but this contact tracing thing seems to be a complete balls up so far, not really much of an excuse for why this isn't working as well as it should IMO.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I am tending to try an avoid criticism (benefit of hindsight etc.) but this contact tracing thing seems to be a complete balls up so far, not really much of an excuse for why this isn't working as well as it should IMO.

Agree on the tracing - the app was all important and was going to be, like everything else “world beating”, then it was just the cherry on the cake, now it appears just an inconvenience.

We now have a tracing system that can only get hold of just over 70% of people who test positive, then can only contact around a similar percentage of their named close contacts, it really is quite shit, isn’t it...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That’s a really interesting visualisation of the shift in public opinion. Back in April, most were positive. Come June, it’s overwhelmingly [very] negative.

There’s probably some benefit of hindsight at play here,

I don't think there's much hindsight. I've just looked back at my rugby and cricket emails and three weeks before the lockdown we were expressing surprise that we were continuing to play. And at the end of February, we were talking about the cricket season not started. To put it into context, Italy was locked down by 23 Feb and the first COBRA meeting was held, I believe, on Valentine's Day (or close to it), So the delay until the end of March was inexcusable.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Maybe we should be like the French. The PM and two health ministers are under investigation for their slow and inadequate response to the virus. Possible charges could include manslaughter. The French, remember, locked down much earlier than us and much rigorously. God knows what they'd do if they had someone like Johnson in charge.

You have to hand it to the French, they don't mess around

Unlike the French, this lot want to do everything they can to circumvent the law. I'm just waiting for the obfuscation, dither and delay to avoid, minimise, and/or diminish the scope of the public inquiry, which is about the best our 'constitution' allows us.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Maybe we should be like the French. The PM and two health ministers are under investigation for their slow and inadequate response to the virus. Possible charges could include manslaughter. The French, remember, locked down much earlier than us and much rigorously. God knows what they'd do if they had someone like Johnson in charge.

You have to hand it to the French, they don't mess around

Portugal acted swiftly when they saw what was happening in Spain, but they aren't on BJ's list of ok countries

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A public poll this time, even the deniers seem to have gone to ground

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here