Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 04/07 - 06/07

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
GD is a huge advantage at the moment, 14 better than Villa & B'Muff.
Bearing that in mind we're 6 points ahead of those two, meaning they need at least 7 points. That's two wins and a draw from six games to go above us. If we draw on Saturday that means they need 8 points from 6 games. Three wins!!!!
I'll take a draw now.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Yes, but what is 'as expected'? It would be sod's law for Manchester United to think that Bournemouth will be a walk in the park and get stuck in first gear. And anyone who watched Chelsea the other night can only fear the worst. :Liverpool will want to snap back into their groove against Villa after that debacle against City, so I can't imagine anything but a home win there, but ...

Yes, it's all conjecture. And given our first half performance the other night, albeit against United, I had some nagging doubts re-emerge after our bright restart.
I think Bournemouth are probably done though, for the manner of their losses as much as anything.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, it's all conjecture. And given our first half performance the other night, albeit against United, I had some nagging doubts re-emerge after our bright restart.
I think Bournemouth are probably done though, for the manner of their losses as much as anything.

Fortunately against Utd B, we did look a side good enough to beat Norwich.

Tired meaningless cliche 1.01 - The first goal is vitally important

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Fortunately against Utd B, we did look a side good enough to beat Norwich.

Tired meaningless cliche 1.01 - The first goal is vitally important

Trossard was excellent, so hopefully he has hit a bit of form, and he done well against them in the home game - though it was hard to tell how much that was to do with United taking their foot off the gas.
I didn't like the way we set up against United, and we rolled over and had our tummies tickled far too easily first half.
A point, in context, is alright on Saturday.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The match sounds like a potential blinder if you read the BBC preview...

Norwich lost 5 straight matches
Pukki not scored in 10 games
Brighton not won in 8 away games
Brighton failed to score in 4 of the last 5 matches

Blimey! I’m bracing myself for a 5-5 slugfest.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Let’s do it. Let’s secure safety and condemn Norwich to relegation right in front of Jake Humphries.

A nice bit of free flowing, expansive football just how he likes [emoji106]

And then as he watches his Norwich get relegated on a show he’s presenting. He’ll pick up his phone and watch all the Brighton retweets come in. It’s gonna be a great day.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Last chance saloon for Norwich, if they lose they will be relegated

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Would snatch your hand off for that point.

Norwich routinely beat us at Carrow Road and are dangerous eg beating ManC there this season.

Exactly. Plus they will be bang up for this, knowing they absolutely have to win to have any chance of staying up. From their point of view, a win is likely to take them to within 4 points of safety if other results go their way (which is likely!).

I am dreading this one. As you say, we never win there - we rarely even draw there. I would bite your hand off if you offered a point now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, but what is 'as expected'? It would be sod's law for Manchester United to think that Bournemouth will be a walk in the park and get stuck in first gear. And anyone who watched Chelsea the other night can only fear the worst. :Liverpool will want to snap back into their groove against Villa after that debacle against City, so I can't imagine anything but a home win there, but ...

ManU will beat Bmuff. The second most expensive squad on the planet are finally justifying that investment, winning game after game. With their bit between their teeth to overtake Leicester and Chelsea.

Agree with you about Villa, they may well face a backlash.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Exactly. Plus they will be bang up for this, knowing they absolutely have to win to have any chance of staying up. From their point of view, a win is likely to take them to within 4 points of safety if other results go their way (which is likely!).

I am dreading this one. As you say, we never win there - we rarely even draw there. I would bite your hand off if you offered a point now.

Certain stadia, going back many decades, 9 times out of 10 we seem to blow it. Time and time again.

Their fans, strangely for a combine harvesting backwater, really wind themselves for home games .... perhaps an empty ground will help us this time?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Certain stadia, going back many decades, 9 times out of 10 we seem to blow it. Time and time again.

Their fans, strangely for a combine harvesting backwater, really wind themselves for home games .... perhaps an empty ground will help us this time?

I've always felt Norwich's support is quite underrated really. Norfolk isn't a heavily populated county yet in my life-time their attendances have always been significantly higher than ours even when we've been in the same division (until the Amex was built, of course).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've always felt Norwich's support is quite underrated really. Norfolk isn't a heavily populated county yet in my life-time their attendances have always been significantly higher than ours even when we've been in the same division (until the Amex was built, of course).

Both Norwich and Ipswich. Low population conurbations by UK standards, but historically good support. Hastings/Bexhill/St.Leonards and Eastbourne/Polegate/Hailsham must be in the same ball park, yet have never been football towns.

Ipswich’s crowds have probably fallen away after 15 years of hurt, but incredibly they won major trophies with Ramsey and Robson, to packed Portman Road crowds.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Body language of Eddie pre-match is a bit of a giveaway, think they have already thrown in the towel for this fixture.

Even stranger, Eddie has picked two sub goalkeepers...........

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich City go down that will be the same three that came up in 2015.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
0-1.Bournemouth

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here