Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Alhassan Yusuf

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Just discovered an exciting PM in my Facebook inbox sent to me yesterday from an old contact from when I used to write for Fotbollskanalen.se.

Can't reveal him (not yet at least... MAYBE when he moves somewhere) but its a trustworthy source, I've had a few exlusive "breaking news" thanks to him.

Anyway, he says that the club is interested in a player from IFK Göteborg, with all likelihood Alhassan Yusuf (my own assumption), though I guess there is a minimal chance it could be like Kharaishvili or Aiesh. Gonna try to poke him for some more details.

Dont have the energy to write more about Yusuf now as I need to sleep but thought I might as well throw you this chewing bone in the meantime.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Wolves have already put in a bid. Sheffield Utd also interested...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...d-united-alhassan-yusuf-transfer-reports/amp/

The other player you mention Georgi Kharaishvili does appear to have a Brighton connection though. According to Companies House website he moonlights as a financial consultant for a company of which he is also a director. One of the other directors of the same company live in Brighton. He does appear to be getting on a bit though..

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02081096/officers

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Alhassan Yusuf is a 19 year old midfielder who got his breakthrough last year. Here he is regarded as a two-way player but in a tougher league he would probably turn into a defensive midfielder.

There are quite a few good talents in Sweden at the moment but I see him as the second biggest talent in the league (there's an Icelandic 16yo in Norrköping that every club in Europe know will turn into world class).

Yusuf works hard, got excellent technique, excellent reading of the game and decent physique though he would need to put on a bit of muscle to play in the PL.

Wolves, Sheffield and a few other clubs are also out to get him but I think Potter would have have an advantage if Brighton tried to sign anyone from Sweden.

Cant find any highlight videos unfortunately, not unexpected since he is not really a "highlight player".

Would probably cost 5 or 6 million which I guess is a pretty big investment seeing that I'm not sure he would be good/strong enough to play in the PL next season.

Hosam Aiesh is a 25 year old right winger who was the most talented player in Potter's ÖFK side (scored one of the goals in the win against Arsenal) but battled injuries for a long while, been fit for the last year though.

Extremely hard working with great technique and I imagine he got a buyout clause of somewhere around £2m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlQrP7R8kHs

Giorgi Kharaishvili is a Georgian 24 year old striker who is a pretty complete player and especially a disgustingly good finisher (he would have scored a lot of goals if he wasnt playing in such a shit team)... but I cant see him going to the PL immediatly tbf, he would need to take the usual route through the Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amlU33ezUKY

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Giorgi Kharaishvili is a Georgian... ...striker

We already have a Georgian striker in Muzza...

sport-football.jpg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Alhassan Yusuf Here he is regarded as a two-way player
Finally - an Out player at Brighton. Not sure that will please some on here though. Maybe one of the two ways will appease them.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Just discovered an exciting PM in my Facebook inbox sent to me yesterday from an old contact from when I used to write for Fotbollskanalen.se.

Can't reveal him (not yet at least... MAYBE when he moves somewhere) but its a trustworthy source, I've had a few exlusive "breaking news" thanks to him.

Anyway, he says that the club is interested in a player from IFK Göteborg, with all likelihood Alhassan Yusuf (my own assumption), though I guess there is a minimal chance it could be like Kharaishvili or Aiesh. Gonna try to poke him for some more details.

Dont have the energy to write more about Yusuf now as I need to sleep but thought I might as well throw you this chewing bone in the meantime.

Looks a super exciting talent, in the Kante mould may I suggest?? Exciting stuff.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Oi! Nothing wrong with British food these days, you can shove your smorgasbord where the sun don't shine

It is always entertaining when other Northern Europeans with no real cuisine of note jump on the “British food is terrible” bandwagon. The likes of the Swedes who are famous for eating tinned rotten fish and not a lot else, and the Dutch for little caramelised waffles and not a lot else...

Not exactly France, Italy or Spain. Nobody’s going out for a dinner in a nice Finnish restaurant.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It is always entertaining when other Northern Europeans with no real cuisine of note jump on the “British food is terrible” bandwagon. The likes of the Swedes who are famous for eating tinned rotten fish and not a lot else, and the Dutch for little caramelised waffles and not a lot else...

Not exactly France, Italy or Spain. Nobody’s going out for a dinner in a nice Finnish restaurant.

There's a small chance I dont actually care about cuisines, and just wanted to **** around a bit... apparently with some success.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
There's a small chance I dont actually care about cuisines, and just wanted to **** around a bit... apparently with some success.

I spent a year living with amongst the Dutch, who occasionally like to get superior about food. It did start to grate. Bearing in mind that the national snack is bitterballen, essentially deep fried lumps of reconstituted pork grease...

And the Swedes... banana/curry pizza? Horrendous.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I spent a year living with amongst the Dutch, who occasionally like to get superior about food. It did start to grate. Bearing in mind that the national snack is bitterballen, essentially deep fried lumps of reconstituted pork grease...

The Dutch occassionally like to get superior about everything.

I'd have to agree with banana/curry pizza being horrendous, its not very common though.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen

I've been to Sweden twice, and I am struggling to think about what I had to eat. Not to say bad, but not really memorable and almost certainly expensive.

Danish food was/is excellent though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here