Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aberdeen 'hopeful' of 7,500 crowd by end of September

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53257297

Aberdeen are "increasingly hopeful" that 7,500 fans may be allowed at games at Pittodrie by the end of September.

The Scottish Premiership clubs were briefed by national clinical director Jason Leitch on Wednesday, ahead of the scheduled 1 August start to the season.

And Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack believes clubs may now only have "a few games behind closed doors - four home games takes us through September".

"That's our best estimate right now," he added in a series of tweets.

In a club statement about season ticket sales, Aberdeen said they are making preparations to hold matches at Pittodrie both behind closed doors and with a partial capacity of 7,500.​

That represents about 1-in-3 seats being occupied.

I guess if similar is implemented in England, this would see 10,000 being able to watch an Albion game, meaning season ticket holders (incl. 1901ers) would get to see just under 1-in-2 games.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Suggests we could be following suit? Can't decide if that's a good thing. I think it is, but also makes me think had they waited a few months we could still have finished this season with some fans present. But I know money talked.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If we have this at the Amex, we need to go back to Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean STH and regular purchasers to fill the seats...

What?

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I see your struggling to understand what history means

Not particularly. History are the present day are intertwined - what happened in the past defines what happens today. You can’t disconnect one from the other.

Regardless, it was a throwaway jibe at the state of Scottish domestic football, which I’m sure you’ll agree, is pretty shoddy.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Blimey September..can’t quite get my head round that far ..still if it gets replicated down south MK Dons should be ok with social distancing

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Imagine the scenes when you are allocated a Monday night Vs Burnley and not Saturday vs Utd or City etc !!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
All or nothing for me. Not interested in attending games with just 10,00 inside the Amex.

This.

There’s a big group of us that sit together and I see more people for a drink afterwards. I go to see my mates. If I’m to sit in an empty stadium with a shit atmosphere I’d become a Reading fan.

On the sofa with a beer and crisps until we can all go back and do it properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
This.

There’s a big group of us that sit together and I see more people for a drink afterwards. I go to see my mates. If I’m to sit in an empty stadium with a shit atmosphere I’d become a Reading fan.

On the sofa with a beer and crisps until we can all go back and do it properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so you go MAINLY to see your mates ???:ffsparr:

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I suspect a good number of fans won't want to go to games again until there is less risk of illness/infection etc. If that's only achieved through a vaccine we won't be seeing full houses for a long time.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Where are Aberdeen going to find 7,500 fans?

Hah, you have a very short memory, they may not of amounted to too many in number, but those that travelled south to watch a pre-season friendly between our two clubs at Withdean back in Mark McGee's reign, were certainly a lively and noisy bunch, quite a bit of damage was done inside the Sportman before the game l seem to remember.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here