Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Do you plan to visit a pub this weekend?

Are you planning on visiting a pub this weekend?

• Yes - can't wait!

Votes: 55 15.3%
  • No - danger lies that way.

Votes: 304 84.7%

• Total voters

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I cant speak for every bar but it appears every effort was made in the main. In places with plenty of outside seating and weather in the 80s. Tiny British pubs and the British binge drinking culture is going to be more managed and socially responsible because British people are smarter than Americans? Not sure i would put money on that.

I gave more confidence in the way things are apparently being organised compared to certain states in America ..sure there will be places it won’t work that will be given full publicity by MSM ..but overall better...and I have no vested interest as I dont generally visit pubs ...

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
This.
I just know those types will be there along with the people that queued up for McDonalds, the tip and Primark on the day they reopened.

Facebook, Instagram and Twitter will be fun, hundreds of photos of people holding a pint of Carling or Fosters, with a caption like " first pint for 3 months " :rolleyes: oh joy.

I have a feeling those that will be there wouldn't dream of ever wearing a face covering, think the EU are to blame for us having the worst per Covid-19 capita death rate in the world and would call you a window licker if you thought it might not be impossible that Jesus was black.

I'm out.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's going to be absolutely terrible for a couple of weeks so no thanks.

I'll support my local as I have done most weekends with a 4 pint takeout or two to go with the football. When all the chavs and amateurs are in bed with the rona and you can just turn up I'll go to a decent pub for a chinwag with a mate on the spur of the moment, as it should be.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Restrictions on how long you can have a table,? book a table?, sorry we haven't got any tables at the moment? ,oh the frustration grows stronger :hilton:
Regards
DF

I can wait and I can't be bothered with any of the above, I will go to the offie and sit in the comfort of my own home if I want a drink this weekend.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
No - partly as I predict chaos in many places, and with all the restrictions in place it sounds about as fun as getting your gonads caught in your fly.

Coupled with the obvious risks I will leave this activity until next year. Plus the missus says she likes the new slim line 'me' having shed 30lbs during lockdown by not going to the pubs.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
This.
I just know those types will be there along with the people that queued up for McDonalds, the tip and Primark on the day they reopened.

Facebook, Instagram and Twitter will be fun, hundreds of photos of people holding a pint of Carling or Fosters, with a caption like " first pint for 3 months " :rolleyes: oh joy.

Haven't been to the tip, Primark or McDonald's since they re-opened, didn't stockpile bogroll, and dont blame the EU for UK's issues. Wore a mask the single time I've got a train since lockdown.

Possible that I'll put a picture on Twittter of me with a pint of Spitfire or Whitstable Bay, first proper pint in ages.

Dont think it's a bad thing to support an industry that has been decimated by Covid by buying a couple of pints.

I do think re-opening on a Saturday and not Monday is dumb.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
So the rules for indoor customers is that they have to be served at tables (ie they can not approach the bar).

Is it a different rule for those outdoors?

Genuinely asking - I've not seen the guidance on this. Remaining outdoors is currently the only way I'd consider visiting a pub, although there's still the shared toilet issue which is very difficult to handle safely, even if trying to use the Partridge zero-touch approach.

It's worth noting that the 'rules' on the operation of pubs, restaurants etc. are just guidelines, not laws. They don't have to be followed, it's up to the operator.

My experience with the retails shops open throughout lockdown is that the big chains (e.g. Tesco) follow the guidance to the letter, but the smaller independents (e.g. convenience stores) just carried on operating as normal.

Could be similar for pubs and restaurants- i.e. the big chains with signs up and measures in place, but some smaller independent locals may just choose to re-open with no or very little measures. E.g. I can't see many small pubs / restaurants enforcing taking names and contact details, installing plastic screens, having people order food/drinks on an app etc.

The measures seem pretty tokenistic in any case- more to give people confidence to return than delivering any significant risk reduction..

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Stick to shorts

hmmm a19ae343-492a-4e9e-90e3-6b681acddede-data.jpg

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No.

I am gagging for a propper pub session but don't fancy a slug of Covid-19 for me or my family, so it's home drinking only for the foreseeable future.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Regardless of pubs opening, you still can't get together with people from more than one other household.

Or you're not supposed to anyway...

That's so funny, it's almost - well, funny!

Everyone in the pub on Saturday will be called Smith and all supposedly live in two VERY large households!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Haven't been to the tip, Primark or McDonald's since they re-opened, didn't stockpile bogroll, and dont blame the EU for UK's issues. Wore a mask the single time I've got a train since lockdown.

Possible that I'll put a picture on Twittter of me with a pint of Spitfire or Whitstable Bay, first proper pint in ages.

Dont think it's a bad thing to support an industry that has been decimated by Covid by buying a couple of pints.

I do think re-opening on a Saturday and not Monday is dumb.

Sadly I think the idiots will spoil the day for sensible people like yourself.
Agree, I think opening on a weekday would be a better idea.
Definitely not a bad thing to support pubs, I have done this during lockdown by buying takeaway food from a nearby pub.

Post #42 by Peter Grummit says it all for me TBH.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'll be getting my usual bottle of cider and sitting on one of my usual benches if I decide to go out, which would be unusual.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here