Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Do you plan to visit a pub this weekend?

Are you planning on visiting a pub this weekend?

• Yes - can't wait!

Votes: 55 15.3%
  • No - danger lies that way.

Votes: 304 84.7%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No. Mainly because I've already heard of people trying to book tables for something like 15+ people in my local. I fear it's going to be mayhem so will avoid for now.

Regardless of pubs opening, you still can't get together with people from more than one other household.

Or you're not supposed to anyway...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yep - two. One on Saturday just for drinks and one on Sunday for food. Booked online for both and it took about 30 seconds per booking. Looking forward to it. Best thing is that all the miserable ******** will stay at home :lol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
They will be touching your glass, have they got a method in place to stop transmission from the touching of it?

I get my shopping through click and collect, so cut down the risk.

You mean you get your shopping that has been put on the shelf by a stackers hands and then taken off the shelf by another stackers hands ( rather than yours ) and then loaded into the 'Click and Collect' bay by someone else ? Hmmm .... good risk mitigation !

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
pint one - social distancing observed
pint 2 social distancing observed 90%
pint 3 - social distancing relaxing slightly
pint 4 - your my besht mate (hugs)

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
You mean you get your shopping that has been put on the shelf by a stackers hands and then taken off the shelf by another stackers hands ( rather than yours ) and then loaded into the 'Click and Collect' bay by someone else ? Hmmm .... good risk mitigation !
I clean my hands with sanitiser after handling the bags, then drive home take all the shopping through to my kitchen wipe down all the items with anti-bac and put them away, wash my hands and the door handles.
I clearly would not want you doing my piles' operation.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I clean my hands with sanitiser after handling the bags, then drive home take all the shopping through to my kitchen wipe down all the items with anti-bac and put them away, wash my hands and the door handles.
I clearly would not want you doing my piles' operation.

I'm doing all of that as well. Probably it's a bit excessive, but the way I see it, if you can do simple things to minimise the risk, then why not

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yes, it is a country pub with Beer Garden, two doors to the bar so one way in & one out, contactless payment, fresh glass each time (leave old one outside for cleaning). Why exactly do NSC think this is more risky than, for example shopping in Tesco's?

I suppose the toilets are a bit of a pinchpoint, for want of a less evocative phrase

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
No. British Common Sense is not sensible, but sadly very common.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne

Lightweight? We could be talking pints of Wine or Vodka and Coke here :mad:

Anyway.. the above.

I won't be going to the pub, but I can guarantee my 21 and 19 year olds will - along with every other youngster in East Sussex. Carnage will ensue, I tell thee.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, it is a country pub with Beer Garden, two doors to the bar so one way in & one out, contactless payment, fresh glass each time (leave old one outside for cleaning). Why exactly do NSC think this is more risky than, for example shopping in Tesco's?

So the rules for indoor customers is that they have to be served at tables (ie they can not approach the bar).

Is it a different rule for those outdoors?

Genuinely asking - I've not seen the guidance on this. Remaining outdoors is currently the only way I'd consider visiting a pub, although there's still the shared toilet issue which is very difficult to handle safely, even if trying to use the Partridge zero-touch approach.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020

Pint 5 - I never noticed how big his hands we're
Pint 6 - The partner is on the phone saying your steak and kidney pie is going in the bin
Pint 7 - You're off to the pink coconut.........

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So the rules for indoor customers is that they have to be served at tables (ie they can not approach the bar).

Is it a different rule for those outdoors?

Genuinely asking - I've not seen the guidance on this. Remaining outdoors is currently the only way I'd consider visiting a pub, although there's still the shared toilet issue which is very difficult to handle safely, even if trying to use the Partridge zero-touch approach.

Stick to shorts

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The weather this weekend looks pretty poor, rain / wind etc. So, I assume everyone will be inside.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Pint 5 - I never noticed how big his hands we're
Pint 6 - The partner is on the phone saying your steak and kidney pie is going in the bin
Pint 7 - Your off to the pink coconut.........

Pint 8 - (or not) A pavement pizza on West Street.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

"...so I drank one it became four
And when I fell on the floor, I drank more..."

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Regardless of pubs opening, you still can't get together with people from more than one other household.

Or you're not supposed to anyway...

Apparently the landlord told them to "do one" but then started getting calls asking to book tables of 2 or 4 but next to or near each other. It seems some people are determined to have a mass piss-up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here