Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Do you plan to visit a pub this weekend?

Are you planning on visiting a pub this weekend?

• Yes - can't wait!

Votes: 55 15.3%
  • No - danger lies that way.

Votes: 304 84.7%

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No. Bloody relieved not to be shielding any more, but still going to be pretty cautious for a while until the outcome of this virus is a bit clearer. It has been suggested that at some pubs you won't be able to buy a drink unless you have a smart phone, so stuff that anyway.

I haven't got an Omsung Phine, and I don't want one!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
No. Mainly because I've already heard of people trying to book tables for something like 15+ people in my local. I fear it's going to be mayhem so will avoid for now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Needs a poll with age related options

I an going for under 30’s being the bulk of attendees

I’m in rural France and you wouldn’t even know there was anything different happening in the world, bar the masks some are wearing. Bars and restaurants open and busy

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
leave for a couple of weeks for the novelty to die down.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
No. Idiotic by the Government to do this on a Saturday. Should have done it on a quiet Monday with none of this crap about “Independence Day/ “ Super Saturday.”

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Oh yes.

3:30pm for Norwich v BHA on the big screen at the West Beach Sports Bar, Movenpick JBR, Dubai.

If we win, it could be a very long evening for the Seagulls over UAE

:drink::thumbsup:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Yes, it is a country pub with Beer Garden, two doors to the bar so one way in & one out, contactless payment, fresh glass each time (leave old one outside for cleaning). Why exactly do NSC think this is more risky than, for example shopping in Tesco's?

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
No, thanks, I like a refreshing shandy, and my dog likes to lick the overspill off the table. But I will not venture into a public house at the moment, because I fear the dirty youngsters will be pushing their way to the bar. What is the matter with kids today?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
No...but then I dont really go to the pub anyway, so no different to a normal Saturday for me tbh.

Weather could play a big factor as to how many decide to go...I've seen that Saturday is supposed to be wet & horrible?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No chance in hell.

Pubs round here have been doing "takeaways" for months but people are just drinking outside and blocking the pavement.

Twice had to cross the road to last week during the daytime because of groups of drinkers.

Can't book ? No probs, one of you have and they will get the drinks in.

The irony of course being, that under normal circumstances such behavior would threaten their licence.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Yes, it is a country pub with Beer Garden, two doors to the bar so one way in & one out, contactless payment, fresh glass each time (leave old one outside for cleaning). Why exactly do NSC think this is more risky than, for example shopping in Tesco's?

On a personal note, I think it's because the general public have proven themselves to be complete idiots as restrictions lease. The beach is open? Great lets pile down there in our thousands and get so drunk we can't see! Of course there are exceptions, of which I'm sure you're one of the responsible ones, but I simply do not trust most people in this country to make sensible and smart choices at all.

Plus, although not always the case, generally people won't be getting drunk in Tesco's.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've been going to the pub regularly throughout . . . . To collect a juicy takeaway . . . Will continue with that for the time being. Wisely the Pub are too

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020

They will be touching your glass, have they got a method in place to stop transmission from the touching of it?

I get my shopping through click and collect, so cut down the risk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here