Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Person hears headline designed to outrage, doesn't bother finding out, gets outraged

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well I'm disgusted

I was going to go and make some eggs benedict to calm me down, but I'm completely out of Ham. I'll see if I can find an alternative

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Person believing somebody else is outraged finds it outrageous!

Would you like to fill in a Hurt Feelings Report?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I thought it said Pearson and it was going to be a thread about the Watford manager throwing his toys out of the pram about something :dunce:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I thought it said Pearson and it was going to be a thread about the Watford manager throwing his toys out of the pram about something :dunce:

same :lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We all rely on headlines to some extent. That’s why subject headers are so important in emails. I had 183 this morning and a quick scan through and I cull it to 10% ( in combination with who it’s from). Don’t have time for the rest. So if someone’s lying that’s pretty sad. We don’t all have time to do a PHd to establish accuracy behind a headline or even summary. That’s why fake news is so dangerous. Why, what’s being misconstrued today?

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
We all rely on headlines to some extent. That’s why subject headers are so important in emails. I had 183 this morning and a quick scan through and I cull it to 10% ( in combination with who it’s from). Don’t have time for the rest. So if someone’s lying that’s pretty sad. We don’t all have time to do a PHd to establish accuracy behind a headline or even summary. That’s why fake news is so dangerous. Why, what’s being misconstrued today?

I would imagine the OP was talking more about tabloid or clickbait headlines. Thing is even sites like the Argus aren't immune to it...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
20200702_144704.png

Not aimed @ [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] :blush:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be fair to the starter of the other thread, he has been subjected to a relentless stream of mockery and pelters (including from me) and doesn't deserve an actual thread about him (which is against NSC rules, in fact). Last time someone did that to me I put them on ignore, where they remain, 5 lears later (never forive, never forget, me).

For the record I thought it was about the (formerly known) Pearson media group, now owner of Edexcel :shrug:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
To be fair to the starter of the other thread, he has been subjected to a relentless stream of mockery and pelters (including from me) and doesn't deserve an actual thread about him (which is against NSC rules, in fact). Last time someone did that to me I put them on ignore, where they remain, 5 lears later (never forive, never forget, me).

For the record I thought it was about the (formerly known) Pearson media group, now owner of Edexcel :shrug:

Your wife (allegedly) started a thread on here about you, is she on ignore?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here