Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] St Albans Cathedral commision repainting the last supper with Jesus depicted as Black

SAC

May 21, 2014
It's a temporary exhibit, a print I believe, installed to get people talking. It seems to be working.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Persons of a certain vintage certainly finding any changes to their cultural landscape very troubling. Jesus not being depicted as white, whatever next...without a beard!!??:moo:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Persons of a certain vintage certainly finding any changes to their cultural landscape very troubling. Jesus not being depicted as white, whatever next...without a beard!!??:moo:

Well at least nobody is suggesting St George is anything other than a white man and the patron saint of nowhere other than England.

I do have my doubts about that pesky dragon, though.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Putting the 'interesting' stories of to one side and assuming this chap did exist, it's quite arrogant of the various churches to assume he was white in the first place owing to where he lived.

And how exactly do you think the powers that be, would have sold a black jesus as the saviour to white folk who believed in Valhalla and other pagan deities back in the day of fire and brimstone ?

That may sound harsh, but it is the truth, if they wanted to supersede these other religions, they needed to sell the idea and a blue eyed blonde haired god like person has to be a very good selling point.

The church not only lied about Jesus ethnicity, they manipulated all the christian dates around pagan dates, therefore making it easier to sell the idea, claiming them as their own, the list goes on and on....

I would guess the church both catholic and protestant both profited in the slave trade too.

So it is the least they can do, feck the church and its lies.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

But I'm not a racist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here