Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Outrage at Premier League's demand that promoted clubs help settle its debts

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The Premier League will charge newly promoted clubs £8m each next season and in 2021-22 to help soften the blow of broadcast revenues lost because of the Covid-19 crisis.

The development has caused bewilderment among Championship clubs with hopes of going up. They question why they must pay a penalty that relates to a Premier League season in which they have played no part and some are viewing it as akin to paying an entrance fee for an exclusive members’ club."

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Oh what a shame

Maybe this will be why big old Leeds can not afford their player of the season Ben white

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Surely it's £8m across the board, rather than an extra £8m charge for just the promoted clubs?

In which case, why should promoted clubs get an extra £8m more than all the other Premier League clubs?

Yes I think it's the fact that the future seasons product will be affected as well and £8m would be their share. If you're in the Pl now you'd pay more

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Here’s 100 million but we are keeping back 8 million because there has been a massive financial downturn due to the pandemic

OK see you in court :lolol:

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Are the top clubs paying more? They're always arguing to be given more money from the TV split, so if they received more money for something the premier league didn't supply, shouldn't they pay more back?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here