Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our set prices of late. ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Are they are too much with this 4/5 man conga formation. They seem weak last 3/games or am I imagining it. What are our season stats like ? The commentators go on about our prowess but does anyone know the stats ?.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The Leicester game was annoying. They have 2 great CBs in the air and we kept putting them same place. That free kick to Trossard (I think) last night was class though. You have a good point as we’ve had loads of corners recently and not created much (yes Dunk v Arse but that was more shit defending!)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It's all part of the master plan. Keep going with the conga formation on corners so that TV as well as scouts pick up on this, then on Saturday we go with something else entirely which will fool Norwich into conceding.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Conga formation not the problem. The delivery has been quite poor though.

Expect it to get a lot better against Norwich, since I think Gross will start and his corners/free kicks are a level above everyone elses.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
I feel the pure height of our defensive players is such a missed opportunity from corners in particular. Keep hoping it'll click one day and we'll bang them in for fun!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I feel the pure height of our defensive players is such a missed opportunity from corners in particular. Keep hoping it'll click one day and we'll bang them in for fun!

That’s how I feel. Maybe it is just poor delivery but that’s so annoying when you’ve got 5 big men up.for a dead ball.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I think the conga formation is flawed as it was a neat trick that the England team pulled off at the World Cup but since then teams have understood how it works.

If the opposing team is all gathered in one area, it’s surely easier for the defence to keep them there, there’s less to concentrate on. It means that then when the corner is taken and the ball lands in the 6 yard box, all the attackers are still wrestling around by the penalty spot.

Would like to see the back of it.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
They've always been crap. It's just they were the only way we scored last season, so it looked like a strength. we have tall defenders, but they are head anywhere away from goal types, not accurate.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Gross defo needs to start on Saturday - we miss his work rate and tends to set the standard for rest of team on this

In case you haven't noticed the Naaaarwich team have an average of 5 or something equally silly i.e. PG is too slow and they will run him off the park.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
setpieces.jpg

10 goals scored from set pieces despite having the fourth least number of corners is pretty good.

I agree it could get even better though.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Mate, just to let you know there's a typo in your thread title. It's why people are making jokes instead of contributing to the discussion.

It should be latte, not late.

Anyway, back to the topic. Personally I never pay more than around £2.10, and definitely think we should change it up a bit and go for ideas like this:

Screen-Shot-2019-08-21-at-4.13.40-PM.png

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Are they are too much with this 4/5 man conga formation. They seem weak last 3/games or am I imagining it. What are our season stats like ? The commentators go on about our prowess but does anyone know the stats ?.

We can't deliver the ball to one of our own players! If you can't do that then no set piece will work.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Maybe I'm misremembering but we used to score way more from corners, Dunk and Duffy in particular. Maybe delivery has gone downhill or defenders are better

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'd happily chip in a tenner toward the price of a goal from a set piece, even £20 if it was a gem of a Gross Corner and DUnk nodded one home, or an AJ overhead kick

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here