Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Ham United.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Blimey - wages to turnover at 71% ! - how can any business survive that sort of level?

I know many other clubs are close to or around that level but in any other business you'd go to the wall. The general healthy figure of most businesses is 15 to 30%.

Football is lterally eating iself (if it hasn't done so already).

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Wow all this and they virtually get the stadium for nothing....

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
There was a money income table recently in one of the papers re-percentage of income from TV/Sky etc and i believe Bournemouth's figure was around 85% and for years the actual income from fans has fallen to around 20% (?) of club income,and now thanks to CV19 the MSN and Co want the fans back ! Make your mind up.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Blimey - wages to turnover at 71% ! - how can any business survive that sort of level?

I know many other clubs are close to or around that level but in any other business you'd go to the wall. The general healthy figure of most businesses is 15 to 30%.

In most professional services partnerships (e.g. almost every large law and accountancy firm), the aim is to have employee salaries + partner profits (i.e. "salaries" for the bosses) at about 65%+ of turnover. Viewed in this way, there is no overall profit or loss for the business (as the profit is distributed to members).

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
In most professional services partnerships (e.g. almost every large law and accountancy firm), the aim is to have employee salaries + partner profits (i.e. "salaries" for the bosses) at about 65%+ of turnover. Viewed in this way, there is no overall profit or loss for the business (as the profit is distributed to members).

so how would the other 35% be accounted for?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Would rather think that the owner of this ground is having a chuckle ? brisbane-road-cover.jpg

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
General operating costs - office rents, stationery, travel, insurances, IT equipment and licences, etc.

WHU should be able to afford a higher than expected labour cost percentage as they are paying b*gger all for their ground which i would assume is normally a big cost to a club. Might be wrong assumption.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Increasing the stadium capacity to 62,500?

Even more cockerny geezers booing Brady and the Dildo brothers then.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The best part of the article was contained in the final sentence:

... a club who have top-six potential on every metric - fans, turnover, transfer spend, wages, location and stadium capacity - but have finished there just once in 34 years.

So why do the owners believe they should be qualifying for European competitions.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
*cough* goin daaahn *cough*

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

I might be wrong but I don't think that's unusual for a PL or Championship team.

edit. I'm not wrong.

Screenshot 2020-07-01 at 6.59.14 PM.png

Championship-2018-WageTurnover.png

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
One of my favourite day outs even when we were sh**

The only time we've been sh*t there was when big Sam hit Poyet for six

I'd change favourite for survival

Opening game of the season 'we can see you sneaking out'

Great old ground mind

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The only time we've been sh*t there was when big Sam hit Poyet for six

I'd change favourite for survival

Opening game of the season 'we can see you sneaking out'

Great old ground mind

Don't remember Big Sam managing them. Have a closer look at the picture !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here