Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sanders sings new contract

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Albion midfielder puts pen to paper on new contract.

Max Sanders has agreed a new one-year new deal which will keep him at the club until at least the end of the 2022/23 season.

The 21-year-old has spent the 2019/20 campaign on loan at AFC Wimbledon in League One before the season’s curtailment, where he made 22 appearances in all competitions.

Technical Director Dan Ashworth said, “We are delighted that Max has signed new terms with the club.

“He’s someone who we hold in high regard for the future. He has had a good season in terms of his development and now the challenge for him is to keep up that good progress.

“This new contract presents him with an opportunity to make more strides towards first-team football with us here at Brighton and he will come back for pre-season training with the first-team squad.”

Sanders, who scored his first senior goal away to Rotherham United back in February, was a regular for Glyn Hodges’s side before the Dons saw their season ended last month.

He was part of pre-season training last summer with Graham Potter’s men, and was named on the bench for the Carabao Cup victory away to Bristol Rovers in August, and has also represented England at under-19 level.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Interesting. Signing a new contract with a 21 yo "youth player" means that there shouls be quite a bit of belief in him.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Championship loan next season? Must be or I don't see the point in this. Let's hope he can develop next season in the same way Molumby has this year.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Am I being stupid? How does a one year deal take him to the end of the 2022/2023 season?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Am I being stupid? How does a one year deal take him to the end of the 2022/2023 season?
Presumably a one year extension so already has a contract next season anyway?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Possibly a copy and paste error from the Jenks' release:

"Teddy Jenks has signed a new long-term deal with the Seagulls until the end of the 2022/23 season."

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London

"Teddy Jenks has signed a new long-term deal with the Seagulls until the end of the 2022/23 season."

Looks like it as pretty sure he was out of contract at the end of this season.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Championship loan next season? Must be or I don't see the point in this. Let's hope he can develop next season in the same way Molumby has this year.

That seems the pathway

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Looks like it as pretty sure he was out of contract at the end of this season.

The reporting of this deal, by Albion, has been all over the place. Firstly their tweet (which hasn't been corrected) stated that he had signed until "..at least the end of the 2022/23 season."

[TWEET]1278342603943993344[/TWEET]

That was also what the article on their website first stated (see [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]'s opening post), until it was corrected to say "..which will keep him at the club until at least the end of the 2021/22 season."

And just to add to the confusion, in an article on the website today, it states "The midfielder agreed a new one-year contract with Albion and ..."

Bizarre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here