Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "The Derby Way" 2019/20 edition

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Derby seem to be going about things slightly differently this year.

A few games ago they were in 14th place, 11 points away from the play-offs with 11 games to play.

Four wins on the bounce later and they are just four points away from sixth spot, and have a game in hand.

Are they going to get it right this year?

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020

A few games ago they were in 14th place, 11 points away from the play-offs with 11 games to play.

Four wins on the bounce later and they are just four points away from sixth spot, and have a game in hand.

This seasons Villa?? they were similarly miles behind running out of games before embarking on an epic run culminating in an unforgettable play off final to see one of the true English giants returned to their rightful home.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This seasons Villa?? they were similarly miles behind running out of games before embarking on an epic run culminating in an unforgettable play off final to see one of the true English giants returned to their rightful home.

Crodo - is that you?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

I called this pre-return to a mate saying every year there is one team that makes a late dash from nowhere to the play offs. Only wished I'd backed it.

Their away form is dogshit whilst their home form is right up there. If anyone was going to benefit from playing behind closed doors I thought it might be them.

Obviously now I've come out with this their form will fall away and they'll do a Derby. Sorry Derby fans.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
They've got 6 games against teams currently above them and Birmingham on the last day.

definitely some potential for heartbreak/ mirth

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
What was the name of that pesky forward that kept scoring against us, when we played Derby in the Championship ???

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Storm their way to the playoffs with an unprecedented run of form. Then bottle it in the semis. It's "The Derby Way".

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

Would be fun if WBA and Brentford got auto and it was Leeds v Derby in the playoff semi - just like us v Sheff W.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Cocu did what he was brought in for - to give the young players a chance. Was always going to be a bit wonky for a while but now it is paying off. Probably would actually be best for them to stay another year in the Championship though or they might have a... Derby season in the PL next year.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Cocu did what he was brought in for - to give the young players a chance. Was always going to be a bit wonky for a while but now it is paying off. Probably would actually be best for them to stay another year in the Championship though or they might have a... Derby season in the PL next year.

Cocu's just the face of the operation, Wayne is the brains behind. No coincidence their form picked up when he came back from DC.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9400138 said:
Cocu's just the face of the operation, Wayne is the brains behind. No coincidence their form picked up when he came back from DC.

I'll met you half-way and agree with your second sentence.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

If we stay up I'd rather like them to get promoted....I can sniff 6 points already!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I know a few Derby fans - they reckon that Wisdom was key for them and the fact he was stabbed in the head & arse in Liverpool on Monday night and likely out for the season is a huge below.

Respect to Cocu though, had a very difficult start but has stuck with mainly youth and got them to where they are. Also released Tom Huddlestone yesterday which is a big show of faith to the youngsters

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
remember watching one of Rooney's first games with them. Commentater and pundit spent the game blowing up every 5 yard pass as sublime. In reality he was way off the pace, which is understandable. Derby scored from a ball hoofed from a free kick near the half way line. It was a scrappy goal but apparently it was a genius level free kick, because Rooney had taken it.

I assume he has played better since. But it was hilariously biased at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here