Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "The Derby Way" 2019/20 edition

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
remember watching one of Rooney's first games with them. Commentater and pundit spent the game blowing up every 5 yard pass as sublime. In reality he was way off the pace, which is understandable. Derby scored from a ball hoofed from a free kick near the half way line. It was a scrappy goal but apparently it was a genius level free kick, because Rooney had taken it.

I assume he has played better since. But it was hilariously biased at the time.

Well this aged well......

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Great goal

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
remember watching one of Rooney's first games with them. Commentater and pundit spent the game blowing up every 5 yard pass as sublime. In reality he was way off the pace, which is understandable. Derby scored from a ball hoofed from a free kick near the half way line. It was a scrappy goal but apparently it was a genius level free kick, because Rooney had taken it.

I assume he has played better since. But it was hilariously biased at the time.
He has been pretty instrumental in their upturn in form, by all accounts.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Well this aged well......

In fairness I was referring to his early games and how the commentator's were all about him and very little about any other player on the pitch.

As ever the Championship is highly entertaining as a competition!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Derby have six games left.

Five of those games are against top six sides.

If they manage to get into the play-offs after those fixtures they could very well win them.

Rooney is having some effect on giving them a winning mentality and some resilience, but I would imagine the influences from Rosenior & Clarke are the main reasons they are doing so well.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9400138 said:
Cocu's just the face of the operation, Wayne is the brains behind. No coincidence their form picked up when he came back from DC.
I think i saw they're the most inform team since Rooney started playing

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Ultimately, (and as per!!), I think we'll fall just short, run in is so difficult.... Cocu has been a revelation but it's probably the arrival of Rooney that was the catalyst. Great style now and 3/4 teenagers as automatic picks is fantastic but we're still defensively a bit gash, yesterday was first away clean sheet since April 2019!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
In fairness I was referring to his early games and how the commentator's were all about him and very little about any other player on the pitch.

As ever the Championship is highly entertaining as a competition!

I know, I was pulling your leg. Just ironic you were talking about a free kick of his and then he scores a worldie 30 mins later. :cheers:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Rooney was playing at walking pace. Fantastic free kick, but can't honestly see him playing in the PL again should they squeeze up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here