Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 'Dirty Leeds' is a tag we thrive off

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Andrea Radrizzani has said his club thrive off the “dirty Leeds” tag as they push to return to the Premier League for the first time since 2004.

Leeds enjoyed great success under Don Revie in the 1960s and 1970s but were criticised by some for their physical approach, with Brian Clough describing them as “the dirtiest, most cynical team in the league”. The tag has stuck and Radrizzani, the club’s Italian owner, said they try to use it in a positive way."

But an interesting side note...

"As a model, I look at clubs like Brighton and the success they’ve achieved gradually on a sustainable budget. I want to take a similar approach.”

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Andrea Radrizzani has said his club thrive off the “dirty Leeds” tag as they push to return to the Premier League for the first time since 2004.

Leeds enjoyed great success under Don Revie in the 1960s and 1970s but were criticised by some for their physical approach, with Brian Clough describing them as “the dirtiest, most cynical team in the league”. The tag has stuck and Radrizzani, the club’s Italian owner, said they try to use it in a positive way."

But an interesting side note...

"As a model, I look at clubs like Brighton and the success they’ve achieved gradually on a sustainable budget. I want to take a similar approach.”

He'll say anything to keep hold of Ben White. I didn't realise he was a model though. ???

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Tbf they live singing about Jimmy Saville and ‘we all hate Leeds scum’ to try and turn negative songs into non-offensive ones. Quite good really.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Liverpool winning the league, Leeds getting promoted, Coventry getting promoted... for someone who loves to watch football fans in a state of endless suffering this is a nightmare season. Going to have to comfort myself through reading some Sunderland & Ipswich boards.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Liverpool winning the league, Leeds getting promoted, Coventry getting promoted... for someone who loves to watch football fans in a state of endless suffering this is a nightmare season. Going to have to comfort myself through reading some Sunderland & Ipswich boards.
The Sunderland board is filled to the brim with depressed fans.

Not that I can blame them...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
First we use them as our nursery club, now this. Lovely stuff.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The Sunderland board is filled to the brim with depressed fans.

Not that I can blame them...

Based on the Sunderland fan I know, they are never happy. They could win the league and they'd still find a reason to be unhappy because the trophy wasn't shiny enough or something. They really are a miserable bunch.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Based on the Sunderland fan I know, they are never happy. They could win the league and they'd still find a reason to be unhappy because the trophy wasn't shiny enough or something. They really are a miserable bunch.
Who would be happy if they lived in Sunderland?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Who would be happy if they lived in Sunderland?

He left Sunderland for the bright lights of London about 15 years ago and he's still miserable when it comes to football and the black cats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here