Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wigan go into adminsitration

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It is but they’re still a cow shed team in my eyes, until you’ve watched Andy Kennedy score during a snow storm at Springfield Park it’s hard to understand why.

Ha, I lived in Wigan or Manchester at the time, your right About the cow shed, I was there was that the 2-1 win in front of 2033 fans of which maybe 100 Albion at the most.

This always makes me laugh :lolol:

https://youtu.be/EtPgArtHpIk

Terrible ground, and without Whelans money, Wigan would be still stumbling around in the third or conference league.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
this is next level dodgy. lots of Wigan fans saying apparentlyy IEC a bet on Wigan getting relegated, and the admin plunge is apparently to counter the recent upturn in form which looked like keeping them up. the whole thing stinks.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ha, I lived in Wigan or Manchester at the time, your right About the cow shed, I was there was that the 2-1 win in front of 2033 fans of which maybe 100 Albion at the most.

This always makes me laugh :lolol:

https://youtu.be/EtPgArtHpIk

Terrible ground, and without Whelans money, Wigan would be still stumbling around in the third or conference league.

That video is brilliant - deserves a thread of its own!!

Yep, that’s how I remember it! Do you remember the orange ball had to be used? It was four seasons in one day during the match. And Andy Kennedy scored. A most bizarre match.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So looks like the EFL signed off as someone 'fit and proper' despite said person not actually existing. Good work

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Maybe the EFL need a fit and proper test themselves

Absolutely right - they are a complete shambles. Their single competence would seem to be that they excel at sitting on the fence. When it really matters they let clubs ( their fans) down - us in the 90s, many others since and probably many before.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So looks like the EFL signed off as someone 'fit and proper' despite said person not actually existing. Good work

Not the first time, either. Pompey had an owner who may or may not have existed, didn’t they?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not sure i understand who'd take such a bet in the size to make it worthwhile.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
5 live at 11pm TONIGHT will be discussing latest at Wigan, including FA announcement tonight of an investigation and insight from fans (let’s hope they’ve a Paul Samrah and not some buffoon who just likes the sound of his own voice).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here