Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Eric Steele / Football, the Albion and Me podcast

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Episode 11 of Football, the Albion and Me is now out - this week with Eric Steele.

A podcast of two halves, the former Albion goalkeeper talks of his regret leaving Brighton, good times on the south coast, training in local schools as well as Hove Park and his stellar coaching career - including his response to criticism from Roy Keane of his former Manchester United charge, David de Gea.

Listen: https://linktr.ee/footballalbionme
Tweet: https://twitter.com/FootyAlbionMe/status/1278228055861968896

Some of the best bits are now also on YouTube: https://t.co/ruXGXoxZla?amp=1

Please do share, retweet, subscribe and review - thank you.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Listening now. He was a bit before my time as a supporter, but I can remember him coming to the Goldstone as the Watford keeper and the affection with which the Brighton fans greeted him and the smiles and waves he gave us. Sounds a real character and sharp as a tack.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Enjoyed that. Thanks. What player now would give the chief executive a glowing tribute (uncle Ron Pavey)?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Loved Eric! Bit of a hero of mine when I was a kid. Met him once, lovely chap. Always prefered him to Mose.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Used to like seeing Eric Steele in our goal, decent man and watched him in some great performances.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He’s the reason I became a Brighton fan. When I moved to Sussex from overseas in 1977 he came to my school to do assembly, once I found out he played for the local club I decided Brighton would be my team.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Loved listening to the great man there. What a time that was.

Him and his imaginary cigar. SIr Eric Steele.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I like your interviewing young man, much better than that other guy who does it, I forget his name.
Keep up the good work, any chance you can interview Peter O'Sullivan?

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
I like your interviewing young man, much better than that other guy who does it, I forget his name.
Keep up the good work, any chance you can interview Peter O'Sullivan?

Thank you - I've spoken to Peter O'Sullivan and he's agreed to come on in the coming months.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Thank you - I've spoken to Peter O'Sullivan, and he's agreed to come on in the coming months.
Thank you, I am sure many others will listen to this, Peter was a master of wing play and would be in my top five Albion players of all time.
Eric would be in my top five Albion keepers too.
Maybe you get some extra questions for players back then from on here, as I feel there are some older chaps on here willing to help.

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Thank you, I am sure many others will listen to this, Peter was a master of wing play and would be in my top five Albion players of all time.
Eric would be in my top five Albion keepers too.
Maybe you get some extra questions for players back then from on here, as I feel there are some older chaps on here willing to help.

Sounds good and will definitely consider that! Sure you'll appreciate in a crowded market with competition from other pods (all do their own thing well) and a fan-base which isn't quite the size of the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd etc, I try to keep my cards close to my chest about who is coming on, as in the past I've done the opposite and other pods have got in first with same guests (co-incidence) - when I've already got them recorded (quite a few held back at the moment who've been on other outlets recently, unfortunately).

I have quite a few family members who watched players from that era play and share their stories - I also try to do as much research as possible before, which I guess is the journalist in me from day-to-day work!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here